Anyone else into Punk?

H

Heretic

Just wondering if anyone else out there was into Punk, could be classic punk like Black Flag, Vandals, Sex Pistols or modern punk like Sum 41, Green Day etc.

K

Kain99

I so love Green Day! Last night somebody here called Good Charlotte a punk band and I love them too! :wink:

H

Heretic

Cool, I wouldn't exactly call Good Charlotte punk though.

You like Sum 41? I think the bass in Fat Lip rocks.

K

Kain99

I LOVE Sum41! Fun Music Rocks.... Now that's, an oxymoron! :biggrin:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by Heretic
Just wondering if anyone else out there was into Punk, could be classic punk like Black Flag, Vandals, Sex Pistols or modern punk like Sum 41, Green Day etc.
Sex Pistols (OMG Johnny Rotten was such a honey in the day), the banshees, Dead Kennedys, the milkmen, violent femmes, and on and on.

P

Pettifogger

Love it

especially old school, since that is what I listened to growing up, before I joined the clampdown.

fuzzyng

I figured the Misfits were more of a hard rock/metal band more than punk... also, maybe someone could answer me this: why is that ska and punk are usually put as one... ie: Less Than Jake was described to me as a Ska/Punk band... :confused: Ska and Punk are two different genre's to me...

Satine

I just saw Good Charlotte and New Found Glory in concert along with some other band and Less Than Jake, i think that GC is punk because they were loud.

The one thing I totally don't get is that dress in punkband-fan-ness of it all is you have super fat girls in super tight shirts. and BOYFRIENDS who hang on them like they are gifts from god. :barf:
there was one girl about 250lbs with a black super tight shirt that only went over one shoulder and the shoulder that was bare had a bra strap n it. you don't ear a brad with this shirt, and it wasn't even white pink or black something fun but it was beige. hello? it was gross.

I am not baching this issure because i am a smal girl cause i am not. i firmly believe that Spandex is a privilege not a right.

Anyway, I love punk music! Blink is my favorite. Sum42 is good. Have you all ever heard of American HiFi? they had the one hit wonder about "he's too stone nentendo...flavor of the week" song? i liked them but they never did anything.

oh well:shrug:

B

Betty_Elms

Originally posted by fuzzyng
Less Than Jake was described to me as a Ska/Punk band... :confused: Ska and Punk are two different genre's to me...

You're right, they are different. However when I saw Less Than Jake in concert a few weeks ago, I could see why it was described that way. It was different, but very good!
I like punk-isn bands...Blink, Good Charlotte, Sum 41, Green Day, New Found Glory, All American Rejects....The Donnas, but they're more girly rock I guess. Thanks to a post here I discovered another good band...Wakefield.:razz2:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Ugh. How does one come to the realization that the punk rock I listened to in high school (ie. Dead Kennedy's, Black Flag) is now called CLASSIC punk? :bawl:

Taz

Originally posted by Heretic

NO!

Not slammin', just it ain't there.