Do you respect Stay at home Moms

Do you respect Stay at Home Moms

• Yes

Votes: 87 87.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 13.0%

• Total voters
Geek said:
I guess I should have added "as a career choice" :shrug: Does that make more sense?
No. Just because a woman choses to be home does not make her a good homemaker or mother.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I give "stay at home Mom's" a :yay: :yay: ...

Most do a good job keeping kids out of trouble.

... And they're really needed since authorities are so negative upon crating.

Geek

kwillia said:
No. Just because a woman choses to be home does not make her a good homemaker or mother.

I am speaking in general. Not about a specific person. Assuming they are a good mother and homemaker, do respect the choice they made to stay home?

And I should have put "Parent or gaurdian".

Geek said:
Assuming they are a good mother and homemaker, do respect the choice they made to stay home?
It's a personal choice they need to make based on their family's needs... I don't think it's my business one way or the other. But I stand by my opinion that not all women who "chose" to stay at home are actually putting in a full day's work. :coffee:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
...But I stand by my opinion that not all women who "chose" to stay at home are actually putting in a full day's work. :coffee:

What does Oprah have to say about that?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think raising children and keeping a nice home are *the* most important things a woman can do. Everything else, every other accomplishment, pales in comparison to shaping the next generation.

There's plenty of time to take on the world after your kids are older.

vraiblonde said:
I think raising children and keeping a nice home are *the* most important things a woman can do. Everything else, every other accomplishment, pales in comparison to shaping the next generation.

:yay: I agree. Now if I could only do that while staying at home!! :lol:

vraiblonde said:

Agreed... but I am of the opinion that "at home" moms of today aren't like the moms we had when we were growing up. The moms of yesteryear wouldn't think of sleeping in past sunrise and letting their kids dig around the kitchen for their breakfast. I know of too many current at home moms that would :faint: if they knew what they were really expected to accomplish in a day.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
Agreed... but I am of the opinion that "at home" moms of today aren't like the moms we had when we were growing up. The moms of yesteryear wouldn't think of sleeping in past sunrise and letting their kids dig around the kitchen for their breakfast. I know of too many current at home moms that would :faint: if they knew what they were really expected to accomplish in a day.
Again...it depends on the person. Not everyone had June Cleaver for a mother or gathered at the table for breakfast back then.

smoothmarine187

vraiblonde said:

:yeahthat:

As long as she's not sitting at home on welfare, then I think it's a great thing. My wife had a great job making just about as much money as I am, but we talked about it and decided that it would be better for the kids if she stayed home with them. Once they get older, she will go back to work.

Cowgirl

vraiblonde said:

I'm not sure I totally agree with this. I do respect stay at home moms, because I know how challenging that can be. I do, however, think that it is high time for household responsibilities to be 50/50 with both parents. I don't necessarily think that moms should stay home and forget about her career. It is hard for a woman to go out and get a job when the only thing on her resume is "stay at home mom" for 18+yrs. My parents divorced when I was 21 (after 26 yrs of marriage). But this is how I feel at the moment. I see how it's hard for her to get a good job now, because she was a stay at home mom for most of our (the kids) lives. I'd hate if when I die, my tombstone said "She kept a good home." :lmao: I want to live my life even when I have my own children. I think that if both parents put equal time in raising the children, the mother won't be just "mom," she'll keep her identity as a person as well. I would love to take time out of my career to raise my children, at least until they're in school....I just don't want to give up 18+ yrs of my life and wait till the children are grown to have a life.

This is easy for me to say because I don't have my own children. I am, however, helping my boyfriend raise his 2 children. I know there are things I am missing, and I might not truly understand until I have my own children :blahblah:.

:howdy: Now I'm off to College Park for a while.

Sharon said:
Again...it depends on the person. Not everyone had June Cleaver for a mother or gathered at the table for breakfast back then.
My definition of a successful "at home" mom earning her keep is someone who is more than just "adult supervision". She is someone who keeps a neat house, cooks balanced, healthy meals, has structured "learning time" with pre-schoolers and is very involved in their schools and studies once they hit school years. She also tends to her garden and flower beds. She's just as tired in the evenings as her husband is after his day of work... but if she works it right, they have the evening to enjoy together and relax as a family.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Cowgirl said:
I'd hate if when I die, my tombstone said "She kept a good home." :lmao:

What's the matter with that? :confused:

I don't know of anyone who dies wishing they'd spent more hours at the office. Granted, everyone wishes they could play more. Given the choice of being loved and appreciated by your family vs. a corporation that will replace you in the next week or so, I know what I'd pick and I still have MY identity. If you think men are gonna go 50/50 on domestic responsibilities while there's a woman around, you have a lot to learn. :lmao: