Baby Shower Themes

CityGrl

Time for a nap
I'm throwing a baby shower for a friend of mine. She's having twin boys (oh boy!) and I'd like to find a cute theme for a party. I'd love to do "two peas in a pod" and get invitations, favors, etc. to match.

Do you all have any other good ideas? This is the first time I've thrown a baby shower, so I have no idea.

Also, will the guests expect a complete meal (yikes), or can I get away with some appetizers/finger foods and a nice cake?

Thanks for any advice!

nicole_M

I have b/g twins (almost 2)...

My shower had half pink and half blue, plates, napkins, 2 cakes etc...

She did manage to find some TWINS stuff at the Factory Party Outlet, there is one in Annapolis.

I would start out by doing a search online for twin boy invitations and such. Twinstuff.com has alot of neat stuff. I think you can come up with some really cute ideas by just searching a little. I love the "2 Peas in a Pod" idea. My twins were that for their 1st Halloween.

Also, if I were you, I would do the shower sooner than later b/c you never know when that TIME might be for a mom who is pregnant with twins. I went into preterm labor and was not supposed to attend my baby shower due to bedrest restrictions....I then got permission from the doctor that it was OK as long as when I got there, I sat down with my feet up and drank plenty of water.

Good Luck! Do you have anyone else helping you?

I would definitely do all appetizers and finger food, I think it is better, I am sure you will have a variety of guests that may/may not like the same things. I think that is a safe route to go.

Again, Good Luck!! How exciting for her!!! When is the due date??? I went to 38 weeks and my babies were both over 7 pounds!

CityGrl

Time for a nap
Thanks for all the info, nicole!

She's due in late May, but I'm having the shower in early March. She's really worried about going early...38 weeks is great to hear!

CityGrl

Time for a nap
Ha!!!!

Attachments

• olderwiser_rompers.jpg
    olderwiser_rompers.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 106