Travel Agents??

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
With all of the online resources available these days I haven't used a travel agent in years.

You may want to check for deals that way first before going to an agent and paying commission fees.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Oh Tina! don't use a travel agent, you don't need one. The people at Disney are wonderful! When you call they will give you everything you need, and probably somethings you don't!

Tina2001aniT

mv_princess said:
Oh Tina! don't use a travel agent, you don't need one. The people at Disney are wonderful! When you call they will give you everything you need, and probably somethings you don't!

I love love love the people at Disney, we have it ALL priced out through disney, I am in love with the Disney staff, but certain members of our group are insisting that we price it through an agent as well. There are 8 adults and six kids going...aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Tina2001aniT said:
I love love love the people at Disney, we have it ALL priced out through disney, I am in love with the Disney staff, but certain members of our group are insisting that we price it through an agent as well. There are 8 adults and six kids going...aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh
It's going to be more, becaues the agent you go to is going to make you pay them. Tell them to either do it themselves or shut up and get in.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Tina2001aniT said:

Call Action Travel in Waldorf. 301-645-1770. They are very thorough and professional. I know the people who own the company personally. However, once you price your trip out through them, your friends will stick with what you've already done. Then you can say "See, I told ya"! :huggy: You could also try Cole Travel in Lex Park. They're pretty decent too.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Tina2001aniT said:
Anyone use one? We are currently trying to book a trip to Disney for September and are price shopping a bit.....
I priced Disney through Disney directly, online and also through a travel agent. I found that I received the best prices on my own.

jfrenaye

I know Leann at Action Travel in Waldorf and I agree. I kow this seems day late and a dollar short.

But, Travel Agents charge fees on airline tickets but most do not for other trips--cruises vacation packages. They do have some non internet specials and the pricing is the same as goign it on your own. The selling point to me is that if I am investing $$$$ in a trip and something goes wrong, I can use an agent on my behalf. I cannot do that too easily with Expedia or a lot of these online agencies.

But you also do need to watch out for a lot of the Multi Level Marketing "agencies" out there. They are not really travel agencies and will merely shuffle you to a giant call center who could care less what you get or dont get. (Learned that the hard way with a company called YTB Travel).

But I say for simple stuff go it yourself. For something involving a package or something complex go see an agent..you have nothing to lose