Upromise

Geek

Upromise uses puts part of your purchases' cost into an account for your kids' or grandkids' college. You just register your credit card with them and if you buy something at a participating store or from a participating brand you get a small amount in your account.

Geek said:
Upromise uses puts part of your purchases' cost into an account for your kids' or grandkids' college. You just register your credit card with them and if you buy something at a participating store or from a participating brand you get a small amount in your account.
What guarantee do you have that this account of yours will still be there in 15 or so years?

Geek

kwillia said:
What guarantee do you have that this account of yours will still be there in 15 or so years?

It is a 529 plan. I take it you do not do the upromise thing.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Geek said:
Do you do this? Would you feel safe using a debit card :shrug:
Yes, and yes.

No risk, but the $$$$ do not rack up. I've been doing it for 3 years, and I have about $10.

It might eventually add something to my kids education, but it is not a substitute for saving.

S

StrwberryKisses

My kid gets savings bonds. I know from when I was younger that they do come in handy for things like cars and apartment stuff but college is a whole other thing. I try and put money way when I can. I had never really looked into the Upromise thing.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
You know what a few years ago I won something at a horse show..a bond or something..anyway where is that thing???

MMDad

Lem Putt
MMDad said:
Yes, and yes.

No risk, but the $$$$ do not rack up. I've been doing it for 3 years, and I have about $10.

It might eventually add something to my kids education, but it is not a substitute for saving.
I just checked my balance. $7.36.

Goobergrl6

We use it. I just checked my balnce and I have $145.13 This is from mostly the last year. I have the UPromise Citi card and I use that for a lot and pay it off and then get gas at Exxon and get extra that way with the citi card. Also I have ordered a lot of stuff on-line thru the upromise site and earned money that way too.