Saturday Fly FEST!

JustTodd

Zoom Zoom Zoom
Again, winds will be up and I plan on being at the foot of the bridge around noon if anyone wants to stop by. Bundle up I understand it's going to be chilly!

Short notice I know.. sorry.

Geek

JustTodd said:
Again, winds will be up and I plan on being at the foot of the bridge around noon if anyone wants to stop by. Bundle up I understand it's going to be chilly!

Short notice I know.. sorry.

Did you have fun? It was really windy.

S

somdebay

Geek said:

That would have been cool to see, I always loved those big kites. But I was driving to hell and back trying to keep my car from taking off in the wind.

JustTodd

Zoom Zoom Zoom
Geek said:

We flew for a couple hours but the winds coming over the bridge were filled with pockets and tended to take the wind from the kites.. Went to Point Lookout and the winds were too strong so I called it a day.

In the future I will try to put out more notice so others could attend but it's a safe bet if there's wind above 10mph I'll be flying.

Last edited:
S

somdebay

JustTodd said:
We flew for a couple hours but the winds coming over the bridge were filled with pockets and tended to take the wind from the kites.. Went to Point Lookout and the winds were too strong so I called it a day.

In the future I will try to put out more notice so others could attend but it's a safe bet if there's wind above 10mph I'll be flying.

Do you go to DC for the kite appreciation day they have there? I just happened to be in DC that day and there we kites all over the sky around that big ol' pencil.

JustTodd

Zoom Zoom Zoom
somdebay said:
Do you go to DC for the kite appreciation day they have there? I just happened to be in DC that day and there we kites all over the sky around that big ol' pencil.

I'll have to look that one up, sounds like fun! We love going to Ocean City for the events down there. April 28th is a competition that we hope to make. They are having a fly on March 17th as well and that one is at the foot of the bridge in Solomon's. Pray for good winds and clear sky's for that day.