Suggestions when in the Western Carribean

S

smurfie

Hey All,

I am new here, but I wanted to ask a question. My mother is going on a crusie to the Western Carribean in March. She wants to do some off the shore excurions. In Montego Bay, Jamica.

Its a toss up between #1 Jungle River Tubing, #2 Dunn's River Fall Tour, or #3 Horseback Ride and Swimg.

Does anyone have a reccomendation of any of these, or prior experience ?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
smurfie said:
Hey All,

I am new here, but I wanted to ask a question. My mother is going on a crusie to the Western Carribean in March. She wants to do some off the shore excurions. In Montego Bay, Jamica.

Its a toss up between #1 Jungle River Tubing, #2 Dunn's River Fall Tour, or #3 Horseback Ride and Swimg.

I heard there's a cannibalism problem there, tell her to stay on the boat!!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
:howdy: I've been on the Chukka Blue Horseback Ride/Swim in Montego Bay, and had a great time. You go on an absolutely beautiful trail ride through the hills, and the guides are wonderful (they'll grab your camera from you at certain points and take pictures for you). Afterward, you get a few minutes to change into your swimsuit (if you want to), and you get to ride for a few minutes in the water. It's a very unique experience, and we had a wonderful time. The swim portion isn't very long, but you really can't expect those horses to be hanging out in the water all day.

A few of our shipmates opted for the Dunns River Falls tour, and it was split 50/50 as to who enjoyed it and who didn't.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Also, just as a warning, no matter which you choose, you'll likely be taking a bus to wherever your final destination is. Those people drive like maniacs. :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Nickel said:
:howdy: I've been on the Chukka Blue Horseback Ride/Swim in Montego Bay, and had a great time. You go on an absolutely beautiful trail ride through the hills, and the guides are wonderful (they'll grab your camera from you at certain points and take pictures for you). Afterward, you get a few minutes to change into your swimsuit (if you want to), and you get to ride for a few minutes in the water. It's a very unique experience, and we had a wonderful time. The swim portion isn't very long, but you really can't expect those horses to be hanging out in the water all day.

A few of our shipmates opted for the Dunns River Falls tour, and it was split 50/50 as to who enjoyed it and who didn't.

I did this also and it was fantastic. We even got to see a dead Mongoose on the side of the road. :yay:

I also did the Dunn's River Falls, but not the organized tour. We hired a local to take us to all sorts of places while we were there and Dunn's River was one of the stops.

Word of advice... bring lots of $1 dollar bills and quarters! If you stop mid tour for a coke, they more than likely will not have change and you end up paying $1 for a .50 cent drink.

S

smurfie

Just wanted to find out if anyone else has any valuable information

smoothmarine187

lindalu1 said:
Hello-
I am a local travel agent with my own online booking engine like travelocity, orbitz and others like that. I book shore excursions for cruises in packages, and hotels and things like that. Check me out at www.ytbtravel.com/simpkinites. And if you are interested in making money off of the trips that you go on and your friends go on send me an email simpkinites@verizon.net.
Linda

From everyone in the forums.........to you! :smack:

Pinkflamingo

Aside from those mentioned, you can do the Banana Plantation and Liqueur tasting tour (my speed!) or rainforest rafting along the great river.

spoon

smurfie said:
Hey All,

#2..i did it it was great :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: