Knee Replacement Surgery

chrissyhh

My brother is scheduled to have knee replacment surgery next month with Dr. Bauk. Has anyone ever had any experience with this doctor, positive or negative. Or has anyone ever had this done with another surgeon?

DQ2B

I can't help with your question about Dr. Bauk but my mom had both knees replaced at the same time 3 years ago. She should have done it sooner in my opinion. She was in daily excruciating pain and barely able to walk before the operation. She's not running marathons but her quality of life has improved dramatically.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
My sister had both of hers done right after Thanksgiving. She was getting around with just a cane at Christmas

Otter

Nothing to see here
chrissyhh said:
My brother is scheduled to have knee replacment surgery next month with Dr. Bauk. Has anyone ever had any experience with this doctor, positive or negative. Or has anyone ever had this done with another surgeon?

Father-in-law had it done bout 6 yrs ago, not by Dr. Bauk, but after the first week, he wished he had done it sooner.

chrissyhh

From what I have read the recovery time is at least 6 weeks, maybe longer. I just hope all goes well for him. He is in alot of pain now.

johnson0424

Dr. Bauk

Dr. Bauk is a good surgeon actually all of that group is good.....i think Dr. Cox is the best but their patients always have good recovery time and do well after surgery w/o complications...Dr. Bauk just doesn't have the best bedside manner...