How often to you talk to your parents?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Or your adult children, for that matter. This is assuming you don't live with either your parents or adult children.

I think once or twice a week is plenty. My daughter calls me several times a week one week, then I won't hear from her for awhile, then she'll call again. I talk to my son once a week, unless I have something I need to tell him between regular phone calls.

My mother calls me practically every single day.

So what's the norm? Do you talk to your folks and adult kids all the time, once a week, hardly ever? How is this supposed to work?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I talk to my mom every evening, but I realize that that's completely outside of the norm. She and I are very close, and my son likes to call her before he goes to bed every night. I talk to my dad maybe once a week on average.

Last edited:
I talk to my parents at least once a day (sometimes more than that). I'm close with my parents. Plus, their home is only 4 minutes from my work, so I usually go there to eat my lunch and/or I stop by there on my way home.

I talk to my mom almost every day. Sometimes more than once a day. My dad ... if he answers the phone I say hi .. or if I want money.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I talk to my Mom about 4 or 5 times per year. There was a ten year stretch that I didn't talk to my Dad, but now we talk 2 or 3 times per year.

My wife talks to her Mom at least once a day, every day, whether or not they have anything to say.

W

Wenchy

I would say once a month for my mom, could be more or less depending on plans (we vacation together during the summer and spend the holidays together)

My daughter usually calls me each weekend, or will send me an email. She's busy and I won't call her/email her unless something is important. If she doesn't call, I don't worry...(BAD MOM!)

I don't feel the need to stay in constant contact with them. It makes the time that we are together richer. I also do not like chatting on the phone. JMO.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I talk to my mom every few days and talk to my Dad when he calls. He lives on an island off Panama and calls me via his computer. I don't have his number and only got his address from the Christmas and birthday cards he recently sent.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Wenchy said:
My daughter usually calls me each weekend, or will send me an email. She's busy and I won't call her/email her unless something is important. If she doesn't call, I don't worry...(BAD MOM!)
See, and I typically don't call Kyle - she more often calls me because she's the one with the busy schedule. She works a lot and I don't like to interrupt her time with friends or if she's sleeping or something. I do call my son and DIL because they keep regular hours.

stormer41

I don't talk to either of my parents, haven't for the past 4 yrs we had a falling out. But my husband talks to his about once a week...I get along better with his parents did I ever did with mine.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
greyhound said:
Everyday...sometimes 2 or 3 times a day.
Like, what do you all talk about? Because I can barely fill a 15 minute phone chat with my Mom, and she repeats the same things over and over.

"Did I tell you Dad and I are going to Branson this weekend?"
"Yes, you told me yesterday."
"Oh. Well, just in case you need to get ahold of me..."
"I'll call your cell if I need to get in touch with you."

Next day:

"I just called to remind you that Dad and I are leaving for Branson this weekend..."

:banghead:

greyhound

vraiblonde said:
Like, what do you all talk about? Because I can barely fill a 15 minute phone chat with my Mom, and she repeats the same things over and over.

We are county people...we have a lot of people ...I mean a lot to talk about. :whistle:

MMDad

Lem Putt
vraiblonde said:
That's how I feel. My Mom tells me about her new imagined ailment, I tell her that work is fine, the kids are doing well, and we hang up.

My wife talks to her Mom for an hour every day, and they still don't get around to who died, who got married, etc. I don't get it.