Can't Live with MS any longer!

mandr96

Dealing with with MS on a normal basis is hard enough, but on top of everything else happening in our lives, I have become more of a burden than anything else to the people I love the most. For the sake of my family, is there anyone that knows of references, channnels or doctors that would be willing to help end this matter humanely and quickly. I have complete faculty of my senses and am not 'depressed'. I have a very good outlook and now know that it is time for me to go. My time on earth is supposed to be done by the end of this year. Any referrals would be most appreciated.

BlackSheep

mandr96 said:
Dealing with with MS on a normal basis is hard enough, but on top of everything else happening in our lives, I have become more of a burden than anything else to the people I love the most. For the sake of my family, is there anyone that knows of references, channnels or doctors that would be willing to help end this matter humanely and quickly. I have complete faculty of my senses and am not 'depressed'. I have a very good outlook and now know that it is time for me to go. My time on earth is supposed to be done by the end of this year. Any referrals would be most appreciated.
Keep the faith my friend-burden or not, we; somebody-needs you. :huggy: The average time from disease onset to difficulty with walking is 8 years, walking with a cane is 15 years and wheelchair-bound is 30 years. How long have you had MS? Are cannabis-based medicines an option to help w/pain?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
mandr96 said:
I think you're very brave. I'm sorry about your MS and quality of life, though. :ohwell:

I believe, but am not certain, that euthanasia is illegal in the state of MD. So finding a doctor to help you probably isn't going to happen on here. My suggestion is to talk to your regular doctor about this. Certainly s/he'd be sympathetic to your situation and not necessarily be able to help you with your primary objective, but maybe could recommend a counselor who can help you work through?

Good luck, whichever way it goes for you. :huggy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
rack'm said:
Dr.s Smith and Wesson..........
Ack! No! Think about one of your family members having to find your body. That would be incredibly cruel.

And you guys don't give her/him suicide tips. That's revolting and there are enough places on the internet where you can find that information.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
mandr96 said:

If your expiration date is within the year, why would you even consider suicide? This is the last year you have with your loved ones, and though you may feel like a burden, it would be selfish to refuse them those last moments with you. As for being a burden, what do you consider burdensome? If one of your loved ones were in your condition, would you consider them a burden?

rack'm

Jaded
vraiblonde said:
And you guys don't give her/him suicide tips. That's revolting and there are enough places on the internet where you can find that information.

I love how you slid that tip in there.....:huggy:

jenbengen

Watch it
I can, with 100% confidence, tell you that your family who loves you would never consider you a burden. They LOVE you...losing you to something unexpected like ending your own life is devastating and life changing(I lost a close family member to suicide). I realize you think you are doing them a good service, but can you talk to them about how you feel? You will probably be surprised at what they have to say. Life has some beautiful blessings in it- enjoy them while you still can and allow your family that extra time to have your company. You only live once...death is permanent. Stay strong for yourself and your friends and family. I promise you it is the best way to go! Hang in there!!!!

Cloud9

mandr96 said:

I know that I would do anything to still be "burdened" by my grandfather's medical issues. None of us EVER felt like he was a burden. We loved him and felt priviledged to be able to help him in any way that he needed.
Suicide, assisted or otherwise, is just selfish. You are not thinking about the people that care about you - You are only thinking of yourself.

thetruediva

jenbengen said:
I can, with 100% confidence, tell you that your family who loves you would never consider you a burden. They LOVE you...losing you to something unexpected like ending your own life is devastating and life changing(I lost a close family member to suicide). I realize you think you are doing them a good service, but can you talk to them about how you feel? You will probably be surprised at what they have to say. Life has some beautiful blessings in it- enjoy them while you still can and allow your family that extra time to have your company. You only live once...death is permanent. Stay strong for yourself and your friends and family. I promise you it is the best way to go! Hang in there!!!!
Couldnt agree with this more! I have MS as well. It can get very tough. Just stay strong and live it day to day. There are people who care and love you. Trust when I say they would rather be helping you than crying once you are gone. (((HUGS)))

mAlice

professional daydreamer
thetruediva said:
Couldnt agree with this more! I have MS as well. It can get very tough. Just stay strong and live it day to day. There are people who care and love you. Trust when I say they would rather be helping you than crying once you are gone. (((HUGS)))

My SIL has MS, too. I'd much rather be inconvenienced on occasion, which isn't a burden at all, than not have her around at all.

nomoney

Use this time to make sure your family knows you love and appreciate them, don't leave them thinking that they did something wrong that made you feel you had to leave "earlier". :huggy:

Mikeinsmd

nomoney said:
Use this time to make sure your family knows you love and appreciate them, don't leave them thinking that they did something wrong that made you feel you had to leave "earlier". :huggy:
:yeahthat: :huggy:

nomoney said:

:yay: :huggy: Great advice Nomo!!

Nanny Pam

nomoney said:
Perfect, nomo! Well said.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
nomoney said:
That's a good point. If you off yourself, what do you care? You're dead and can't feel the pain anymore. But the ones you leave behind may never be the same again.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
vraiblonde said:
That's a good point. If you off yourself, what do you care? You're dead and can't feel the pain anymore. But the ones you leave behind may never be the same again.
:yeahthat: It's not easy to carry on after suicide. I urge you to spend your time left on earth with your family and enjoy every minute. They will never be the same once you're gone. It's much worse when it's at your own hands.

Geek

mandr96 said:

For the sake of your family, please consider talking to them about what you are going through. You may not think you are depressed but, you have been handling so much and obviously worrying about your loved ones, that it has to take a toll on your emotions. I wish you peace :flowers: