Tortoise Owners

GutiesFamily

Looking for other local tortoise owners to chat with. I have a Greek Tort, and am waiting for my new Sulcutta to hatch sometime next month.

Nanny Pam

GutiesFamily said:
Looking for other local tortoise owners to chat with. I have a Greek Tort, and am waiting for my new Sulcutta to hatch sometime next month.
Where are the pics? :tap:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
FEAR the turtle
:lol:
We tried a sulcutta (called him Lumpy-like he cared)...He didn't like us. when he didn't move for a few days, we realized something was wrong. :frown: it was. PHWEEW.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Years ago when I went to see mom in Fla I found a tortoise in the road..I brought it home on the train...I later went and did research and found out I did not "Bring a turtle home for the kids" I "Smuggled an endangered species over state lines" sounds different that way ha? Well I feel I saved her with all the development and all she was in the highway..We had her for years I gave her to a training rehab in Va Beach and she even made the PETA calander...

faeriefolk

I'll bet that your sulcatta has hatched

:howdy:

Okay, so I'm a little late. I don't hang out here very often and I just saw this.

Our sulcatta, Snuffalupagus, is 11 years old. He is a digging, eating, pooping machine! Of course, it being January he can't do much digging. He is living in a large pony trough in our family room and eagerly awaiting the spring.

Doesn't sound like much of a pet I guess but they really are facinating creatures. For instance, we found out that he was a male because he took a liking to a friend of mine, (I think it was the Doc Marten boots she was wearing. They were shiny.) We thought that he had prolapsed so we rushed to the emergency herp vet out in Fair Oaks. Turns out that it *ahem* was not a prolapse... The vet tech who had to explain that our tortoise was not dying but was actually just hung like Ron Jeremy was turning crimson. I'm not sure if she was blushing or just trying really hard not to laugh at us.

For years he did the same thing whenever that friend came over.

So anyway, we're a wierd bunch but I would be happy to talk tortoise with you. Hope that all went well with your baby. They're so vulnerable when they're tiny. Then they get older and turn into tanks with legs.