A helpful program

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
OK, I'm looking for a program, if there is one out there!! I'm looking to take a pic of my house, scan it and put it on a program that I can change the color of my house and add stuff to it (like shutters). In my neighborhood all the house's look alike and I want to be different, but I still have to go through HOA and they are not nice people to deal with. So I figured that if I have a pic of what I want my house to look like it may help me! I want to change the color of my door and add shutters on my house, but like I said I have to go through the HOA. So if anyone can help that would be great. I don't want to buy the program. If there is a web site that I could go on to, that would be great! Thanks!

Y

yornoc

PhotoShop should be able to handle it. I'm not sure about the shutters though. I guess if you can find pictures of the shutters (possibly online) that you want, then you could morph them into the house picture.

As for the color, PhotoShop will handle it.

You can look HERE for an overview of PhotoShop.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
If you are looking to purchase a program you might want to try some offered up by Imagine Software at http://www.showoff.com/index.html for less then $50 they seem to have something to fit your needs. I'm thinking of getting their interior design for all the remodeling I am doing. I have been using 3D Home Architect but creating my existing home has been a pain in the rear (an old cape cod style with a half wrap porch).

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
Does that 3D Architect program work for what I want? I'm downloading it of Morpheus right now. If it's not going to work, I'll stop and save the space!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I haven't used it in a while but I don't remember being able to download a picture. If you have a floorplan like their samples it might work for you but it is more of a complete build program from what I have been able to do. Not to mention tedious and complex, but that might be because how I want to use it.

sgtsprout

Mr. Shud da hell up
You can also

Just get samples. Take home samples. All reputable hardware places. Shutter etc...can give you samples to take home and compare them. I understand You'd like to see the whole picture.

As for style shutters. It would be hard to find a prgram to get type of shutters put on YOUR house in a program. But as the one guy said select say shutters in photoshop and just try different colors.

Another thing is you can "Check" with professional" places. See if they know of prgrams. I wouldn't doubt they have them available. But your talking big bucks.

Samples are the way to go. Siding samples for instance are very common.