Tyson-Lewis Fight...

Y

yornoc

Anyone know of a place that has the Tyson-lewis fight? I guess it's a little late but what the heck...

Otter

Nothing to see here
Lewis KO of Tyson

Had to follow the fight on freerepublic.com, awesome commentary and great pics...Here's Tyson on his back, notice Don King's expression(upper left hand portion of pic).....thx, hole-n-one..

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
With the 8th round KO maybe Tyson will now move out of the light. Nice picture Otter, at least it's in a format Mikey can appreciate and understand. :lmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
"Sports" is probably not the proper place for this topic!

Tyson got pounded on for 8 rounds. It was sad, really, and I don't like him at all.

Lewis did a real pro job on him, just wore him out with the jab and then lowered the boom.

The real good news is I had Lewis in 8, $120 bucks!

It was the most anticipated fight we'd seen in 9 years (Sugar, Hearns?) and there was about 20 of us watching at a buddys home on his big 64".

Iron Mike is done. Real done.

G

giggles04

Re: Lewis KO of Tyson

Originally posted by otter
Had to follow the fight on freerepublic.com, awesome commentary and great pics...Here's Tyson on his back, notice Don King's expression(upper left hand portion of pic).....thx, hole-n-one..

:)
Picture is too funny:p
I'm not much on boxing... never have liked Tyson either... esp after that whole biting the ear off thing.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
It was pitiful, but any time I even STARTED to feel sorry for Tyson, I just said to myself "he raped a girl", then I went back to grinnin' and watching the TV.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I for one am thrilled that Tyson got his license back. I think he should go against every heavyweight out there. Nothing gives me more pleasure than seeing him bleeding on the mat!

Y

yornoc

Since I did not see it, compared to the Buster Douglas beating, which one was better?

I remember when Buster knocked him down and he pisked up his mouth piece, put it in backwards and started to creep (like a baby) across the ring. :lmao: :lmao:

Was it much worse?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The Douglas fight was a "fight". You couldn't tell if Busta could keep it up or if, like most probably thought, including me, sooner or later, Mikey gonna nail him.

After round one of Lewis, which was even to maybe Tyson, rounds 2-5 just had Lennox taking control but you still wondered, is Mikey gonna catch him with just one lucky punch?

Round six we were starting to realize Mike had nothing left. Seven was sad, and 8 was pathetic.

The part showing Tyson in his corner after 7 saying he couldn't do it anymore was VERY sad. He sounded like a little kid. It made it worse when his manager told him he had to get back up.

This was way worse than the Douglas fight.

Something like Hearns/Hagler where they just both lay it all out is great stuff.

Leonard/Hagler was great theatre even though you constatnly felt like Ray was losing something every round he'd never get back, like Ali.

Now, the real scary part is Tyson apparently has to keep fighting because he is broke. Worse. he is tough enough to keep taking the beatings, so, the sport will show him being torn down over the next 2-3 years until he mutters like Ali.

Fairness would dictate, to me, that he never be allowed to fight again.

Of course, many say he has it, beatings, coming. I'll say no more than he's getting it.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Nothing gives me more pleasure than seeing him bleeding on the mat!

I hate to correct you in front of everyone, but I don't think he's ever fought anyone named Matt.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I for one am glad that Tyson is washed up. I had actually hoped that he would act so outrageous during the fight that boxing would be destroyed forever.