New Rescue Needing Foster Homes

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
We are a new rescue group, at least new to being "organized". We have all done rescue independently or with other groups in the past but have now joined forces (power in numbers).

We haven't "officially" announced ourselves yet, that will happen in a couple of weeks, but we are ready to start looking for foster homes. Right now we don't have cats, but will in the future. Second Hope Rescue's main focus is on the harder to adopt dogs. Both due to breed and/or age of the animal. So we will need foster homes that are able to deal with both large dogs as well as smaller ones.

For the sake of full disclosure, we do not have our 501(c)3 yet.

If you are interested in fostering or even volunteering with a new group, please PM me.

Thank you!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
cattitude said:
Oh man! You need to let Nickel see Louie!!!
He is absolutely gorgeous!!! I don't know if I could have two catahoulas and maintain sanity. :roflmao:

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
Nickel said:
He is absolutely gorgeous!!! I don't know if I could have two catahoulas and maintain sanity. :roflmao:

With Louie you definitely wouldn't have any sanity! I love the boy, but he needs special attention....

Tough life before me...

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
krazd_kat said:
With Louie you definitely wouldn't have any sanity! I love the boy, but he needs special attention....

Tough life before me...
Catahoulas are VERY high maintenance dogs, even when they're on their best behavior. Ours is a dream, but he does have his moments, and a very loud bark. :lol:

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
bresamil said:
According to them he won't like other animals or children. :ohwell:

He's never been around kids and with the right introductions he might be okay with dogs his size or a "little" smaller. But his prey drive is too strong for small dogs and cats.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
cattitude said:
I know that. They really need to be the only dog in the house. She can still look though.
:yeahthat: Cody isn't tolerant of other dogs in his house (he's okay with cats though, go figure :lol:), and it looks like Louie is even less tolerant. :lol: He'll make a good friend for someone though. :yay:

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
cattitude said:
Hey Krazd, what happened to the Boxer that was at Tri County last week?

Good question, I don't know. I'd bet he was probably adopted, I know at least one of the GSD mixes that I posted was, and Lucky One's pulled some more dogs recently too.

Animals4Life

krazd_kat said:
Good question, I don't know. I'd bet he was probably adopted, I know at least one of the GSD mixes that I posted was, and Lucky One's pulled some more dogs recently too.
Jade was adopted. I stopped by on Friday and she had an "I'm adopted" flag on her cage. Luckily many of the dogs had the same flags on their cages. There were still alot that you could tell were just ready to get out of there, some would not even look at me they were so depressed. There was even a blind ####apoo there. Many of the dogs are heart worm positive as well. So very sad that people take their animals there to die.