Breast Feeding in Public

CityGrl

Time for a nap
Is it ever appropriate?

I had two experiences with this over the weekend. Once while I was at a basketball game (she put the baby under her shirt and covered her with a blanket) and one at church (!?!?!?!?!?!?!). The woman at church decided that God and the rest of the world would like to see it all, and I mean ALL while the baby was "feasting."

Under what circumstances do you consider breast feeding in public to be acceptable?

N

nitwhit3286

CityGrl said:
Is it ever appropriate?

I had two experiences with this over the weekend. Once while I was at a basketball game (she put the baby under her shirt and covered her with a blanket) and one at church (!?!?!?!?!?!?!). The woman at church decided that God and the rest of the world would like to see it all, and I mean ALL while the baby was "feasting."

Under what circumstances do you consider breast feeding in public to be acceptable?

as long as you tried to be modest about it..I don't see any reason why it isn't appropriate.... the babies have got to eat you know???

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
nitwhit3286 said:
as long as you tried to be modest about it..I don't see any reason why it isn't appropriate.... the babies have got to eat you know???

But by god don't be takin' no chitlins to the gym! :nono:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I don't see why anybody would have a problem with breastfeeding. What's it to you, anyway? It's just some poor baby trying to have a meal without a bunch of judgemental people hovering about. :ohwell:

CityGrl

Time for a nap
BadGirl said:
I don't see why anybody would have a problem with breastfeeding. What's it to you, anyway? It's just some poor baby trying to have a meal without a bunch of judgemental people hovering about. :ohwell:

I'm totally fine with the whole breastfeeding thing. When I have kids, I plan to do it. BUT, I'm not fine with a naked booby hanging out there. Cover up or something.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
BadGirl said:
Brad and Angelina won't get married until babies have rights. :patriot:

N

nitwhit3286

crabcake said:
But by god don't be takin' no chitlins to the gym! :nono:

yeah not a good idea to be eating chitlins at the gym...when you are trying to exercise I agree.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
CityGrl said:
I'm totally fine with the whole breastfeeding thing. When I have kids, I plan to do it. BUT, I'm not fine with a naked booby hanging out there. Cover up or something.
Simple solution: look away.

In most cases of public breastfeeding... you will see more breast hanging out of the shirts of the chicks that are walking the malls than you would should you see a woman breastfeeding. Go on with your bad modest selves...:coffee:

MMDad

Lem Putt
BadGirl said:
Simple solution: look away.
:yeahthat: If it isn't one you want to see, look away. If it is one you want to see, why complain?

My SIL is nursing now. I feel like the perv if I get an accidental peek. She is doing nothing wrong, and people need to get over the whole "booobs are nasty" hangup. It's normal, natural, and healthy. If you don't like it, buy a Burka and move to Afghanistan.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
kwillia said:
In most cases of public breastfeeding... you will see more breast hanging out of the shirts of the chicks that are walking the malls than you would should you see a woman breastfeeding. Go on with your bad modest selves...:coffee:
:clap: :clap: :clap: This is sooooo true!

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
CityGrl said:
Is it ever appropriate?

When the baby is hungry. :howdy:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
CityGrl said:
Is it ever appropriate?

Seeing as God gave us women breasts, I doubt that he'd be offended.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
BadGirl said:
Seeing as God gave us women breasts, I doubt that he'd be offended.
I thought the idea that God would be offended by a woman feeding her child was a little weird also.

Must be one of those "My way or the highway to hell" christians :lol: