Toyota FJ Cruiser

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
Anybody got one??? Know anybody who does??? I'm thinking of getting one as long as it's not the ugly yellow or ugly blue. I have a Tundra now with 120k miles on it and it is still a great truck. DC and back every day is hard on it so it needs a rest.

TIA :flowers:

My dad has one. I LOVE IT!!!! It's yellow too. :biggrin: With yellow and black interior leater seats. It's very roomy too! I want one. :shrug:

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
CableChick said:
My dad has one. I LOVE IT!!!! It's yellow too. :biggrin: With yellow and black interior leater seats. It's very roomy too! I want one. :shrug:

Is that japaneese what is a leater seat?

do they make 2 liter seats also :lmao:

LordStanley

I know nothing
I think they are ugly looking....

Why dont you get a honda civic or something small if your driving that much. would help a heck of a lot with fuel....

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
I have the Black Cherry one. I love it. It's fun and highly functional in any situation - mud, rocks, snow, whatever. It rides nice on good old pavement too. The engine has a louder sound than most vehicles, but I'm partial to that. The seats in the back fold flat very easily and they are also waterproof. It does NOT come with carpeted floors - which is fine by me because my kids destroy the carpet anyway. It's REAL easy to clean. The gas mileage is around 19-20 MPG (I've had mine for 6 months - 11,000 miles already), which isn't fabulous, but isn't any worse than other SUV's. I spend about 33-35 to fill it up from empty. It takes 91 octane or higher gas, however, so keep that in mind. It comes with alot of options. It takes some getting used to driving it. It has slightly larger blind spots but by learning to look and use your mirrors more, that is easily overcome. Just don't drive like an idiot.

The FJ Cruiser is not a "new" vehicle, but rather a re-make of a vehicle Toyota used to make MANY years ago - the FJ-40. (they had a whole line of FJ cars - FJ-80, FJ-120, etc.) It was originally used in Africa and places such as that as a safari vehicle, though they were bought by "regular" folks too. They brought it back as an inexpensive, more fun Land Cruiser. It is considered the little Land Cruiser. The reason for the looks is that Toyota wanted to bring it back looking as much like the model from the early 70's as possible. The white roof is indicative of the FJ-40. (though you can get a limited edition black one with a black roof). It was done originally to help reflect heat from the vehicle. They kept the white roof, because it is part of the vehicles look and history. Without the white roof, it just isn't an FJ. The round headlights are also throwbacks from the original - not a copy from the Jeep. The lines of the entire vehicle are retro FJ-40. It is a "love it or hate it" vehicle. Though, people who hated mine at first, the more they are around it, the more they like it.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
aps45819 said:
You do a lot of off road driving or just "compemsating"

Yes.

I pick it up tomorrow for a weekend test drive. Wifey actually bought off on the idea of a new vehicle and had it transferred to Bayside. She works for one of the owners and i get it for $100 over invoice. :biggrin: :biggrin: :yahoo: :yahoo:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
LordStanley said:
I think its supposed to compete with the Land Rovers......
They have a LONG way to go for that.. LR is one of the FEW trucks that are still built like trucks meant to go off the interstate. Check out the drive train and you'll see anything short of an oringinal HUMMER doesn't come close.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
I bought it. So far I love it. It does have some big blind spots, but I drive with my mirrors anywho.

S

somdebay

LordStanley said:
I think they are ugly looking....

Why dont you get a honda civic or something small if your driving that much. would help a heck of a lot with fuel....

props for civics! :howdy: