Dr. Patel and Ramanan

muffin

Anyone go to Dr. Patel and Ramanan and Waldorf?? There office has gone down the tubes, everyone that worked there that was wonderful and helpful is gone what the hell is going on with our medical doctors.

punjabigyrl

Doctros nowadays triple or even quadruple book themselves. So care of pateints is anot as important as it used to be. The bottom line is how much money they can get out of your insurance.

missthang

Just Giving My Opinion
I went to Dr. Patel one year and never again. It was hard making an appointment. Patel has some kind of nerve condition because he had a hard time controlling his hands and feet. I changed insurance companies and wanted Dr. Patel's office to mail my records to the new Obyn. Dr. Patel wanted to charge me $30. No way!
When I worked at the Maryland Independent I was told by several people that Dr. Patel was a wonderful Dr. That's A Lie.
:coffee: :bigwhoop:

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
punjabigyrl said:
Doctros nowadays triple or even quadruple book themselves. So care of pateints is anot as important as it used to be. The bottom line is how much money they can get out of your insurance.

Its bad enough if you have insurance, but imagine what kind of treatment, if any, you get without it.

closetrebel

punjabigyrl said:

having worked in medical billing in the past (for 17 years), i can partially agree with your assessment. however, it is the insurance company CEO's that dictate the way medicine is practiced by telling doctors what services they can and can't perform and what services they deem necessary and un-necessary, regardless of what the doctor feels is best for the patient. and 95% of those insurance CEO's are not doctors. it may also be important to mention that their pockets are heavy with the monies collected from premiums (and other sources). so they have not reason to change the status quo or allow doctors to practice medicine the way they want to (although i will admit that there are some doctors that are in it just for the dead presidents).

to see the annual incomes of some of the health insurance CEOs, GO HERE

punjabigyrl

I partially agree with you on the insurance dictating. I have family that work in every level of the health field and I can tell you insurance allows you to be the maximum amount. So what doctors do is when you come in for a cold, the doctor will do an xray(unnecessary), blood work(unnecessary), then when you read the breakdown from your insurance you see that xray was charged at 195 of which insurance cuts 95 but you have to pay the 100. ETC.When my kids get sick with strep. I know the bill after all is said an done is 175 always. Medical doctors will do tests that have nothing to do with your condition. It getting paid extra. Another example in Canada. Hubbys uncle is an internist. OFcourse, the medical in canada is paid by the government. However, His uncle oly gets paid $15 dollar for the office visit regardless. So when you come in for lets say the flu, HE does xrays, bloodwork(due to the medication his going to put you on), and then makes you get a followup appointment. so instead of getting paid only $15 he gets paid $100

muffin

No this is doctor Suresh Patel he works with Dr. Ramanan they have a office on Post office road and one in clinton. It use to be great to go there now all the people who cared about the patients are gone, good luck trying to get someone who speaks english there. Dr. Patel rushes you through faster than a fast food restaurant. He just cares about the $$$$$$$$$$$$ and not the patients!!!!!!!! I know many patients that have left the practice because of this I am next!!!!!!!!!!

punjabigyrl

I think majority of the medical doctors in Southern MD are in it for the money. Or from what I have heard(need it confirmed) that they get a base pay and then anything over and above is extra or a percentage. That way it is an incentive to see lots and lots of patients. I can't count how many I have changed because they have diagnosed me wrong, rushed through so that I come back to them so they can tell me it in my head(I took my report from another doctor in with me and also a report on how he diagnosed me wrong) and I busted the doctor. He claimed he wanted the the report, I told him he can have it since it is a copy.

muffin

I am not talking about insurance crap I am talking about STAFF STAFF STAFF his staff was wonderful now everyone who was wonderful is gone. Without a good staff especially front desk employees you have NOTHING and people will not continue to go there. I know when I walk in a doctors office the first thing you see is the window with the people sitting behind it, if they are rude on the phone or to patients why would someone want to come back. The girls that were there were helpful and very understanding now they are gone, guess he found some cheap help that is why every time you go in there someone new is sitting at the desk and the rest of the staff is gone.

OldHillcrestGuy

missthang said:
I went to Dr. Patel one year and never again. It was hard making an appointment. Patel has some kind of nerve condition because he had a hard time controlling his hands and feet.
/QUOTE]

Thank goodness this is not Dr Patel the surgeon because I had surgery last month, and I certainly dont want a doctor with shaky hands in the area he was working. :faint:

mspicky

good experience

The reviews I see on this practice appear to be old ones. I have been going to this office for 3 yrs and have had a very good experience with this group and it current staff....anyone should definately give them another look-doctors are very attentive and the staff very helpful.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
They treat their staff like the infidels they believe them to be, and treat their patients like gold, because the patient is where the gold comes from, infidels or not. I will see an alcoholic reject from medical school before I see any of them.