What's wrong with kids these days????

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
My daughter came home from school a couple days ago and told me a lovely story. Apparently, on one of the school busses for her school, the bus driver ended up calling 911 because a boy on the bus told her that if she kept driving, he would slit her throat! :yikes: The police had the bus pull over and all the kids were taken off and I guess the boy was taken with them. She really didn't give me the rest of the story. (She does that to me all the time :lmao: ). This was for Leonardtown Middle. Anyone else hear about this?

bohman

We should give the drivers pepper spray. Let 'em hose down all the little heathens at the start of the ride, just as a pre-emptive measure. :yay:

Seriously, though, I don't understand. It's not like I'm old, I'm not even 30 yet, but I don't remember psychopathic behavior like this beginning until my peers had either graduated or dropped out of high school. I guess the kids have all gotten the memo about adults not being allowed to punish them anymore.

rdkarob

bohman said:
We should give the drivers pepper spray. Let 'em hose down all the little heathens at the start of the ride, just as a pre-emptive measure. :yay:

Seriously, though, I don't understand. It's not like I'm old, I'm not even 30 yet, but I don't remember psychopathic behavior like this beginning until my peers had either graduated or dropped out of high school. I guess the kids have all gotten the memo about adults not being allowed to punish them anymore.

They can have my kid if she is going to act like that and come home to expect a time out.....Ars kickin....big time... :wench:

bohman said:

That is exactly the problem. With all of these new laws passing about spanking, punishing your child, or what not, some parents these days will not control their kids in fear the law will be at their door. And then you have those who are so consumed with their jobs more than their kids, and they do not have a clue what their kids are doing and what they are up too. Sociaety has changed so much from the time we were kids; we wouldn't have dared to try half of the things kids do today...

Geek

Tinkerbell said:
My daughter came home from school a couple days ago and told me a lovely story. Apparently, on one of the school busses for her school, the bus driver ended up calling 911 because a boy on the bus told her that if she kept driving, he would slit her throat! :yikes: The police had the bus pull over and all the kids were taken off and I guess the boy was taken with them. She really didn't give me the rest of the story. (She does that to me all the time :lmao: ). This was for Leonardtown Middle. Anyone else hear about this?

The child is most likely emotionally disturbed. It is so difficult to transport a child with that problem on a bus.

citysherry

I Need a Beer
mehlert74 said:
That is exactly the problem. With all of these new laws passing about spanking, punishing your child, or what not...

What laws are you talking about (new or old):confused:

Nanny Pam

rdkarob said:
They can have my kid if she is going to act like that and come home to expect a time out.....Ars kickin....big time... :wench:
You'd better believe it!
Today's kids are nothing more than spoiled brats, who can just walk all over their parents. Bust their asses. I bet they won't do it anymore.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
mehlert74 said:
That is exactly the problem. With all of these new laws passing about spanking, punishing your child, or what not, some parents these days will not control their kids in fear the law will be at their door. And then you have those who are so consumed with their jobs more than their kids, and they do not have a clue what their kids are doing and what they are up too. Sociaety has changed so much from the time we were kids; we wouldn't have dared to try half of the things kids do today...

That's a huge problem. I have to wait for all my athletes to be picked up before I can leave school after practice or games. The other day, I was waiting for a kid to be picked up, and there was another kid waiting outside. It's like 20 degrees out...The kids lives by me and when I asked when their mom was coming, they said "She told me I found a way up here, I can find a way home." :confused: That's just messed up. Parents are, too often, preoccupied with their own lives to even be bothered with the kids.

My 17 year got lippy with me not too long ago and when I finally lost my temper, I charged towards her. She quickly snipped to me, that if I touched her, she was calling the police. I grabbed my cell phone and pressed 911 and told her "press send baby"...She backed off real fast. And just to clarify, I didn't have to hit her. :lmao:

Sometimes, when kids threaten, parents have to call their bluff.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
I was scared of my dad kicking my ass for stupid stuff I did so I tried not to do it, but today people will say "I dont want my child scared of me". Get over it. I was scared to do anything cause I knew the consequences when he found out. Yes, I was afraid ofhim but I also stayed out of all major trouble. I say put the fear back in these brats and beat their asses but good or at least threathen to. Also, Tell these kids that dare you to spank them cause SS will come, give them a dime and tell them to call SS and pack a bag cause I may be going to jail but I ll be out in an hour, you will be in a foster home forever. Still want that dime, kid?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
baileydog said:
I was scared of my dad kicking my ass for stupid stuff I did so I tried not to do it, but today people will say "I dont want my child scared of me". Get over it. I was scared to do anything cause I knew the consequences when he found out. Yes, I was afraid ofhim but I also stayed out of all major trouble. I say put the fear back in these brats and beat their asses but good or at least threathen to. Also, Tell these kids that dare you to spank them cause SS will come, give them a dime and tell them to call SS and pack a bag cause I may be going to jail but I ll be out in an hour, you will be in a foster home forever. Still want that dime, kid?
:clap:

:notworthy

nachomama said:
That's a huge problem. I have to wait for all my athletes to be picked up before I can leave school after practice or games. The other day, I was waiting for a kid to be picked up, and there was another kid waiting outside. It's like 20 degrees out...The kids lives by me and when I asked when their mom was coming, they said "She told me I found a way up here, I can find a way home." :confused: That's just messed up. Parents are, too often, preoccupied with their own lives to even be bothered with the kids.

My 17 year got lippy with me not too long ago and when I finally lost my temper, I charged towards her. She quickly snipped to me, that if I touched her, she was calling the police. I grabbed my cell phone and pressed 911 and told her "press send baby"...She backed off real fast. And just to clarify, I didn't have to hit her. :lmao:

Sometimes, when kids threaten, parents have to call their bluff.

Yes! I have been there myself with my son...I'll charge at him for getting a disrespecful mouth, and he will tell me: "go ahead, it's against the law." I just tell him, then i guess you can call 911 and when they get here, make sure you tell them what it was you did wrong. He backs right off!

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Once when I was a bus driver back in the good old day, during the high schools "carry your baby egg around days", one boy on my bus stared at me in the rear view mirror the whole way home bouncing that egg from hand to hand like he was going to throw it at me. Needless to say, I told him if he didnt put that egg down and put that idea out of his head, He would be eating that egg whole and raw. I dared him to throw it. Problem solved.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
mehlert74 said:
Yes! I have been there myself with my son...I'll charge at him for getting a disrespecful mouth, and he will tell me: "go ahead, it's against the law." I just tell him, then i guess you can call 911 and when they get here, make sure you tell them what it was you did wrong. He backs right off!

If I had said "go ahead " to my dad, he would have and I would have NO teeth. I say next time, do it so that will end the back talk. I never smart mouthed my parents. That alone was a death sentence.

baileydog said:
Once when I was a bus driver back in the good old day, during the high schools "carry your baby egg around days", one boy on my bus stared at me in the rear view mirror the whole way home bouncing that egg from hand to hand like he was going to throw it at me. Needless to say, I told him if he didnt put that egg down and put that idea out of his head, He would be eating that egg whole and raw. I dared him to throw it. Problem solved.

:lmao: That's great!! And I love to see the look on their faces when they realize you read their mind!!

baileydog said:
If I had said "go ahead " to my dad, he would have and I would have NO teeth. I say next time, do it so that will end the back talk. I never smart mouthed my parents. That alone was a death sentence.

I know, same with me, i didn't dare talk back..I did once, got a good crack across the mouth, and that was it for me!! I tell my son if he keeps it up, he will ever need a dentist. :yay:

Last edited:

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
mehlert74 said:
I know, same with me, i didn't dare talk back..I did once, got a good crakc across the mouth, and that was it for me!! I tell my son if he keeps it up, he will ever need a dentist. :yay:

I would never of gotten a chance to "keep it up".

oldman

Lobster Land
In my last marriage I had a stepson, 9 or 10 years old, pick up my little dog by the back legs. So I picked him up by his ankles and maybe bounced his head off the floor once - I didn't bash his brains out - to show him what he did was wrong. Mom called it in and I had to talk to Child Services the next day. The bottom line is that the boy never mistreated the dog again and I learned that disciplining our son was not my job. A few years later he said eff you to me and I threatened to put his head through the post if he ever said that to me again. He never did. He now has a kid and him and his woman -not married- are living with his Mom. Obviously I am no longer married.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
oldman said:
In my last marriage I had a stepson, 9 or 10 years old, pick up my little dog by the back legs. So I picked him up by his ankles and maybe bounced his head off the floor once - I didn't bash his brains out - to show him what he did was wrong. Mom called it in and I had to talk to Child Services the next day. The bottom line is that the boy never mistreated the dog again and I learned that disciplining our son was not my job. A few years later he said eff you to me and I threatened to put his head through the post if he ever said that to me again. He never did. He now has a kid and him and his woman -not married- are living with his Mom. Obviously I am no longer married.

You done good, screw that little brat. I would of wanted to rearrange his brains permanetly.