Finally...The MASTERS!!!

blacklabman

Okay! Let's get this one going.

The feminazis are all upset that the membership at this private golf club is men only. However, all the while disregarding all the female only establishments such as health clubs, colleges, Girl Scouts, ad naseum.

demsformd

I say that Tiger is gonna win this one. The Masters is his. I played at Augusta once...truly amazing.

I am still rooting for Phil Mickelson though. He needs to win a major tournament.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm rootin' for Hootie! Go, Hootie, Go! Every time that woman tries to make trouble, Hootie finds a way to thumb his nose at her. They were saying on SportsTalk that she should get the green jacket for making the Masters commercial-free. :roflmao:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by demsformd
I say that Tiger is gonna win this one. The Masters is his
...to lose. He shot a 76 :yikes: so he'd better bring his 'A' game if he hopes to challenge at all.

demsformd

Originally posted by jazz lady
...to lose. He shot a 76 :yikes: so he'd better bring his 'A' game if he hopes to challenge at all.

Yes, his play lately is not very Tiger like. I'm still rooting for Mickelson. Perhaps if Woods is down at the bottom, Mickelson won't choke.

demsformd

And about the whole women's rights things. Couldn't Martha Burke found a better issue to campaign for? Good god, this woman is such a self-centered woman. Comparing the struggle for a woman member at Augusta to women in uniform. What the hell was she thinking? Hootie should allow a woman in but it is his right to restrict membership because it is a private club.

demsformd

Re: I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

Originally posted by Larry Gude
.....Jealous

Larry, it is something straight from above. I felt pretty good shooting a 79 on 18. The course was magnificent and the weather was perfect Georgia heat.
Now I'm trying to get out to Pebble Beach but if the firm stays this busy, I don't think that I am ever gonna be able to leave this part of the country.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ditto THAT

They were saying on SportsTalk that she should get the green jacket for making the Masters commercial-free

I would so seriously buy pay per view for the Masters with NO commercials. I'd pay for a feature where you can switch between cameras that CBS in running to follow whomever, whenever, you like. This course and this tournament is that special.

Yeah Martha!!!

Wouldn't it be so cool if they said "oh well, we'll just make it MORE exclusive and put it on pay per view..."

Then Martha can deal with all the network associated people put out of work by her quest to get a millionaire with breasts onto the membership roll.

Question: Why the HELL doesn't she work towards making a women members only super-club???

Question: Is a man eligible for her job?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You're a rich...

...republican, aren't you?

Playing Augusta where ONLY rich white republicans are allowed (just ask Martha)

Playing Pebble, which costs $215,000 per round, plus cart.

Who's backs have you built this empire on??? Hmmm???

I have heard that most people will shoot what they normally shoot if they play appropriate Tee's and it only gets rough if you play form the tips. What do you think? 79 normal?

Were you peeing your pants on #1 tee?

What were the highlights? Favorite hole? Favorite T shot? How about the approach to 13? How was Amen corner?12 make you go wobbly? Did you walk? Do tell!

demsformd

Re: You're a rich...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
...republican, aren't you?

Playing Augusta where ONLY rich white republicans are allowed (just ask Martha)

Playing Pebble, which costs $215,000 per round, plus cart.

Who's backs have you built this empire on??? Hmmm???

I have heard that most people will shoot what they normally shoot if they play appropriate Tee's and it only gets rough if you play form the tips. What do you think? 79 normal?

Were you peeing your pants on #1 tee?

What were the highlights? Favorite hole? Favorite T shot? How about the approach to 13? How was Amen corner?12 make you go wobbly? Did you walk? Do tell!

How did you know that I was a Republican? Haha. Hey Democrats have to have fun too.

I won a big case for the firm (back when we were honorable and sued the polluters) back in the early 90s. Made plenty of money ever since helping the polluters get out of trouble.

My handicap is 2, so I was five over that. The first hole was terrifying...dear God. I couldn't believe that I was playing at Augusta. It was like the first football game that I played in high school. I had butterflies and the sad thing was that there were only 3 other guys with me. The history of whose played that course just consumed me. It was a 450 yard hole and basically straight and my long shots off the tee helped me there. I was able to get a birdie on 1 and you can imagine my excitement.

The 16th was wonderful with the water and the par three marking (I usually make a killing on par threes). I got a birdie there too (the second and last of the day). I had a tough time on the approach to 13...shot a double bogey for that hole. My tee went straight into the woods on the right and I had to make a tough shot just to get the ball back on the fairway. It was a incredibly long hole as well and my 4-iron game just was not on for that day.

12 was fine but the green was so damn narrow and so close to the water. Thankfully my tee hit the bunker and I was able to par the hole. All I could think about on Amen Corner was Arnold Palmer and the 1958 Masters. So much history!!

My buddies and I walked the course but that was when I was young. If I ever go back, I will be using a cart.

demsformd

When I played there it was walk-only but I heard that that has changed since. Anyone see anything definite about that?

SmallTown

Football season!
Considering its full of a bunch of old men, it easier to have their oxygen tanks on the cart than on their back.