High Speed Internet Service from Comcast

Y

yornoc

I know I asked this question before but...

If there anyone in the Lusby area who recently received Comcast's high speed internet service please let me know how it working and how satisfied you are. I would like to sign up by July if I get positive feedback. I don't want to go through the problems I had with HSA in St. Mary's County a few years ago.

I would like to also know if there are down times and if so how often and the duration.

Much thanks...:peace:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
It's gotten better

The first week or so I would suddenly drop offline for a few seconds to a few minutes, several times a day. It was very frustrating. Thankfully that hasn't happened since then. I really like it now.:)

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I spoke too soon

Originally posted by Sharon
I really like it now.:)

Except for this afternoon when it was off for 2-3 hours. :dosman: On the good side--I called customer service and after 3 menus I finally got a real person. :p Yippee!!! He was very polite and waited for me to hobble down the steps (I have a knee injury) to check the router, then made me come back up the steps and turn off my computer. Then I had to go back down the steps to shut down the router. :eek: I waited 2 minutes and turned it back on. Then I hobbled back up the steps and turned my computer back on. After all that it still didn't work because he just got a fax that said they were working in Prince Frederick on my line. :confused: News I could've used before all the exercise. :(

Y

yornoc

Re: I spoke too soon

Originally posted by Sharon

I spoke too soon!

Sorry to hear about your service. :bawl: I think I'm going to wait another month or so then I'll ask this question again. I sure hope things get better and that your knee injury heals in record time.

Jennifer

High speed wireless Internet access

Sharon,

I'll share a little information with you. Did you ever think you could surf the Web while sitting outside? Ever heard of SoMDwireless? SoMDwireless is providing the residents and business' of southern Maryland with high speed wireless Internet access. Check out www.somdwireless.com for more information. You could be surfing with speeds up to 1mbps!

Thank you and I hope the information provided in the website helps you with your decision. Comcast is expensive and they offer no extra's! Also, when you call us a receptionist greets you everytime. You won't be holding the line or dialing 1 or 0 for the operator.

Sincerely,
Jennifer Trevethan:yay: :yay:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Re: High speed wireless Internet access

Originally posted by Jennifer
You could be surfing with speeds up to 1mbps!
/me RUNS TO THE PHONE!!! :lmao: :roflmao:

I had already sent that link to my husband and if I remember correctly he said it wouldn't work here. Darn!

By the way--your current coverage area link isn't working. (I went to check for myself, maybe he was mistaken.)

Jennifer

Depending on your area we might be able to get a signal. Right now we are putting another antenna in your area (which should take approx. 1 month) with that in place, it shouldn't be a problem to get Lusby. Our coverage area is expanding rapidly.

Thanks for letting me know that our map is not working properly. I'm going to fix that now.

Take care,

Jen::cheers:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
For what this wireless company is charging as a monthly fee I think I will be getting the DirecWay system. Not to mention the very small area of coverage.

C

crispo

>>sorry, i'm posting this twice... i guess i need to learn how to use these forums, eh?

cable vs. wireless
i was just thinking about the wireless pricing plans and it seems pretty competative to me... i currently have cable which is 39.99 a month, BUT (and this is a big BUT here) i have to pay 9.99 a month for renting the modem and i had to upgrade my cable plan which costs me about 20 bucks extra i guess a month (a rough estimate... i'm not sure exactly how much)... seems like i'd be saving money if i got wireless even though the plan is a little higher each month.

also when my cable goes out it seems like it's out for hours on end... i've went 4 hours or more without service several times just in the past month or so... not to mention they won't let me get a static ip now... or use my computer as a ftp server... how does the ip work with wireless?

fuzzyng

Don't cry RoseRed.... I'll pick a new one, but it might take a while to find another so suiting.:D

Jen, I'll turn that SoMD.com logo you sent me at work into an Avatar for ya :p

Fancy meeting you here, eh? EVERYONE SING: It's a small world, after all... It's a small world, after all... It's a small world, after all... it's a small small small small world... :D

speaking of that logo ya sent... it worked, and it was MUCH easier to clean that one up, than the other one... the brochure is going to look great... I think the paper came in today (wednesday)

Can i write this conversation off as a business expense???

:roflmao:

Jennifer

It is a small world. Guess I kind of gave myself away, though. Yeah, if you want to make my logo into an Avatar that would be great. Glad to hear the brochures are coming along. G mentioned they would be done by Friday but, if not it's no big deal. I am anxious to see them though.

fuzzyng

Yeah, if you want to make my logo into an Avatar that would be great.

I'll have to work on that while here at work... err... umm... between all of the hard stuff, yeah...

G mentioned they would be done...

:roflmao: G? oh, side hurts! I'm gonna start calling him that *LOL*

fuzzyng

Yeah, if you want to make my logo into an Avatar that would be great.

somdwa.gif

there ya go :D your own avatar :D

Anyone else want their own custom avatar? :D