Qualifying penalties for Kahne and Kenseth

greyhound

Speedy70 said:
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - NASCAR disallowed the times of both the No. 9 car of Kasey Kahne and the No. 17 car of Matt Kenseth following qualifying for the Daytona 500 on Sunday.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/6464174?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=167

I told hubby NASCAR would be more intersesting if they would do two things.

1. Don't tell the teams until 10 minutes before the race which direction they will be going around the track. Change things up a bit, I'm tired of all the left hand turns. Add some right turns every once in awhile.

2. Have half the cars go on direction & half go the other direction. Would make things more interesting,

greyhound said:
I told hubby NASCAR would be more intersesting if they would do two things.

1. Don't tell the teams until 10 minutes before the race which direction they will be going around the track. Change things up a bit, I'm tired of all the left hand turns. Add some right turns every once in awhile.

2. Have half the cars go on direction & half go the other direction. Would make things more interesting,

:blahblah: :lalala:

Mikeinsmd

AndyMarquisLIVE said:
Hmm... They were making a big deal about Mikey.
Yea, Mikey said there was "oil" in the manifold. :killingme They confiscated his car after qualifying. :popcorn:

NASCAR is slick. These guys need to stop trying to cheat. But I do wonder how much they get away with.... :whistle:

AndyMarquisLIVE

Mikeinsmd said:
Yea, Mikey said there was "oil" in the manifold. :killingme They confiscated his car after qualifying. :popcorn:

NASCAR is slick. These guys need to stop trying to cheat. But I do wonder how much they get away with.... :whistle:
You'd be surprised. I suggested they send the NASCAR tech inspectors over to Iraq, they might manage to find the WMD. :killingme

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
The way I see it is this - all the teams - are looking for an "edge"; a method of trying to get a little more speed out of their cars.

Some are lucky, and don't get caught, while others aren't as fortunate.

According to the article I read on Fox Sports/NASCAR, rival teams even "rat out" to NASCAR officials about what they've heard other teams are trying.

The rationale is that it keeps everyone "honest". :lmao: There's some irony there for ya!

Pete

Repete
Both are in the top 35 from last year so they are guaranteed a spot in the 500 no matter what. Waltrip on the other hand :jameo:

AndyMarquisLIVE

Pete said:
Both are in the top 35 from last year so they are guaranteed a spot in the 500 no matter what. Waltrip on the other hand :jameo:
I think they need to start parking teams for violating the rules.

Strike 1: 5 race suspension for the crew-chief
Strike 2: Crew chief is parked for the remainder of the Nextel Cup season and the team is barred from 1-3 events depending on the seriousness of the infraction.
Strike 3: Indefinente suspension for the crew chief, disqualification from owner championship standings for the team.

NASCAR picks and chooses how they come about suspensions. The penalty against Johnson's team last year wasn't tough enough considering Chad Knaus' long reeputation of infractions.

They also need to start parking drivers for aggressive driving like they did Harvick at Martinsville in 2002. His ass straightened out real quick and it cost him any remote shot he had at the Winston Cup. NASCAR needs to grow some testicles when it comes to Roush and DEI and not give them a slap in the wrist.

I like that the top 35 are locked in to races, but I think that shouldn't apply in the Daytona 500. That gives 6 drivers out of 20+ a shot at racing in the event, and we learned in 2005 that some of these "field fillers" can compete. Remember Kevin LePage? How about Robby Gordon, Kenny Wallace and Mike Wallace in 2001?

Waltrip had the same look Robby Gordon had on his face when NBC caught him red handed at Charlotte. :killingme

The oil was there. It was there, I don't know how it got there but nobody did anything illegal.

Um, NASCAR disagrees with that Mikey.