What a loooong night...

Cowgirl

Well, BF's daughter was admitted to the hospital yesterday. She had a high fever and stomach bug. The whole pediatric section was full of poor kids with the same thing. Her mom had to work last night, so I ended up staying the night with her. She wouldn't settle down for her dad, or else he would have stayed. He ended up going home with boy. So I spent the night in one of those fold out chairs with her next to me. She would have nothing to do with those cribs there...and I don't blame her. They looked like jail cells. :jameo: She didn't have a fever at all last night, so she slept really well....but this morning it went back up to 104. :ohwell: Poor kiddo. Hopefully she'll get better today and be able to come home.

:yawn:

Edited to add: Sorry for the duplicate thread. Something screwy happened when I submitted it.

barncat

I hope she feels better soon.

My 8 month old has the runs but no fever, I think her's is related to teething because her front teeth look like they are ready to break through.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
The flu is making the rounds ... DQ has it (has had a fever all weekend, and is home from school again today). Pediatrician put us both on Tamiflu to shorten her down-time and hopefully ward it off for me since I didn't get a flu shot this year. :ohwell:

Cowgirl

crabcake said:
The flu is making the rounds ... DQ has it (has had a fever all weekend, and is home from school again today). Pediatrician put us both on Tamiflu to shorten her down-time and hopefully ward it off for me since I didn't get a flu shot this year. :ohwell:

Yeah, I'm hoping I don't get it. I'm just about over a sore-throat that I caught from boy last week. The nurse kept reminding me to use the hand sanitizer, which I did....but I also slept right next to her. I'm just going to take vitamins and wish for the best.

crabcake

Cowgirl said:
Yeah, I'm hoping I don't get it. I'm just about over a sore-throat that I caught from boy last week. The nurse kept reminding me to use the hand sanitizer, which I did....but I also slept right next to her. I'm just going to take vitamins and wish for the best.

DQ's fever has finally broken ... not sure if I can credit that to letting it run its course, or the Tamiflu. I will say this -- yesterday, when we got to the pharmacy, the pharmacist told us they'd just gotten a new shipment of the Tamiflu suspension liquid. 10 minutes later, when our script was ready, she said they'd already run out of that same shipment. :shocking:

Cowgirl

crabcake said:
DQ's fever has finally broken ... not sure if I can credit that to letting it run its course, or the Tamiflu. I will say this -- yesterday, when we got to the pharmacy, the pharmacist told us they'd just gotten a new shipment of the Tamiflu suspension liquid. 10 minutes later, when our script was ready, she said they'd already run out of that same shipment. :shocking:

Wow..that was fast. I've been seeing the Tamiflu commercials on tv lately. I'm getting ready to leave work and go back to the hospital for a while tonight. I had a hard time staying awake this afternoon...kept wanting to nod off at work...but I ate some chocolate and that perked me up a bit! Hopefully baby girl will be better tonight. I hate seeing her feel so bad.

Cowgirl

crabcake said:
How's she feeling today? Any improvement?

Well, she went for a good part of the day yesterday with no fever, but it went up again about 8 last night. She had 7 BMs...4 in one hour...poor girl. They sent cultures in, we should get results today. The nurse said it might be rotavirus. She was in a good mood last night, for the most part. She still only wants to be cuddled. She did eat a few bites of applesauce. We're going back tonight after work, and one of us will probably stay the night with her.

Thanks for asking. :flowers:

K

Katie

Cowgirl said:
Well, she went for a good part of the day yesterday with no fever, but it went up again about 8 last night. She had 7 BMs...4 in one hour...poor girl. They sent cultures in, we should get results today. The nurse said it might be rotavirus. She was in a good mood last night, for the most part. She still only wants to be cuddled. She did eat a few bites of applesauce. We're going back tonight after work, and one of us will probably stay the night with her.

Thanks for asking. :flowers:

Poor baby girl...

How old is she?

crabcake

What a crappy way for her to spend her birthday. :frown:

:whack: Some hand me the dunce hat now, please. :blushing:

Last edited:
Cowgirl said:
Well, BF's daughter was admitted to the hospital yesterday. She had a high fever and stomach bug. The whole pediatric section was full of poor kids with the same thing. Her mom had to work last night, so I ended up staying the night with her. She wouldn't settle down for her dad, or else he would have stayed. He ended up going home with boy. So I spent the night in one of those fold out chairs with her next to me. She would have nothing to do with those cribs there...and I don't blame her. They looked like jail cells. :jameo: She didn't have a fever at all last night, so she slept really well....but this morning it went back up to 104. :ohwell: Poor kiddo. Hopefully she'll get better today and be able to come home.

:yawn:

Edited to add: Sorry for the duplicate thread. Something screwy happened when I submitted it.

I was there a few weeks ago with my kid and I hated those jail cell looking cribs. And I ended up catching some kind of cold/virus when I was in there. Good luck to you!

Cowgirl

Just an update: We're crossing our fingers that she's going to be able to come home this afternoon. She did have a fever yesterday morning, but it went down and stayed down for the rest of the day. Hopefully it will stay down again today and she can come home. It's hard on her being there....poor kiddo.