Warning

watercolor

yeah yeah
Just to let you know of some scarey stuff I came in an encounter with this weekend.

My mothers friend, has a daughter who lives in VA...and she had a very sacrey thing happen this weekend.

They live in a moderate, middle class area, and have 4 children.
It was around 2 am and she felt a tugging of the blanket and thought it was one of her kids wanting to get in bed with her and her husband (like kids typically do) and so she was like, will you quit tuggin, and just get in bed.
After a bit of tugging later, she woke up and was like, will you stop....::scream::

THERE WAS A MAN IN A MASK tuggin at the blanket ...once she started screaming her husband obviously woke up and was screaming get the F outta my house, and the guy took off. Her hubby ran to check on the kids, and the nanny...

The funny thing is..that when the cops came to investigate, after telling them to stay upstairs, and all...they came in, and observed that...the confirmation money that was for their daughter, amount of 500 dollars was still on the counter in visible sight, and christy's purse was still there...untouched, along with other visable valuebles...

They just, have always slept with their sliding glass door unlocked and the windows unlocked...and concluded that they came through the window and the door. *sigh*

So please...just as a warning...even though it happened in VA, it can happen anywhere, and I am a prooven fact of someone who leaves the windows open at night, and leave the door unlocked during the day...thinking that we are in a safe area...but obviously not...and I will NOT leave my stuff open anymore...

Would not want to hear of anyone ever having this happen to them.

watercolor

yeah yeah
what also is the scarey thing, is that they guy just kept tugging on the blanket...he was not using force on her, and when she screamed he did not immediatly run, or try and cover her mouth or hurt her...and he did not run, until her husband got outta the bed and got the gun! *sigh* I mean it makes you wonder what the intentions were...

Jesse(fuzzyng) says that the people who broke in were probably jsut a bunch of stoners looking for something to do, and all...because of the delayed judgement.....*shakes*

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
OMG!!!!!!!! That's the reason why I have a house alarm! I don't think I could sleep ever again!!!

watercolor

yeah yeah
I know!!!!!! When my mom told me this.. I was completly stunned!

I mean its the fact that he just tugged.. I mean what was his later intentions....

watercolor

yeah yeah
I swear it is not just a tall tale...

Unless you are implying that the people who did this were pulling a prank of an urban legend

watercolor

yeah yeah
completly doubtful, unless another child was up downstairs

It just does not make any sense as to how...or why it happened!
I mean all the moola and every thing was left

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Whether it's a hoax or not, you shouldn't sleep with your house unlocked. Even if you live out in the sticks and think no one will bother you "way out there".

watercolor

yeah yeah
well whichever, you want to believe.

All I know is, that when my mom informed me yesterday! I choose to freak out and make sure all doors were locked. And with having the girls over here on the weekend, when I take them from Crystal...It is kinda scarey to think, that someone could come in here and do the same.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Whichever *shrugs*

Its not a story...its the truth...but...its not worth fighting over...I am positive it will be in the news down there....

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Y'all quit pickin' on watercolor!

Jet, based on your use of the term FOAF, I take it that you're a student of urban legends. Me too.
I like the one where the woman comes home to find her pet Doberman choking to death. She rushes it to the vet, who then tells her he's going to have to operate and for her to go home and wait till she hears from him. When she opens the door, the phone is ringing, and it's the vet calling to tell her to get out of the house immediately while he phones the police. The police arrive and arrest a serial rapist, who's found in her closet with two of his fingers missing. Seems that the dog bit off his fingers and THAT'S why it was choking!

My friend's cousin's uncle's stepdaughter's sister told me that!

Last edited:
G

giggles04

Originally posted by cariblue

Um, I don't think that was an urban legend. I think that was real.

I'm with Cariblue... I think that it was real too.

G

giggles04

Originally posted by jetmonkey
You better watch out for vehicles travelling at night with no headlights, then!

Yeah well, sometimes its hard to tell whether those things are real or not!

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by jetmonkey
You better watch out for vehicles travelling at night with no headlights, then!

This reminds me of a great trick to pay on someone. When you're driving with them in your car and they fall asleep, pull carefully into a rest area or truck stop, drive up as closely to a parked truck's headlights as you can, then slam on the brakes and start screaming.

What? They're supposed to keep you company when you're driving!
:D

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
Let me guess--you got that joke from the movie Out Cold???

I never saw the movie, but one of my comedians does a bit about that.
One of my personal favorites, and I thought this one up, is to go to the grocery store the night before Halloween, and buy a box of razor blades and a bag of apples.
I shave with the blades and eat the apples, but I LOVE watching the expressions of everyone in the checkout lines!!!