Just a question...

Azzy

We are getting ready to move and most of the houses we've found do not allow pets. My kids REALLY want some pets so I was thinkin, maybe I could get them a pretty big, pet rock (or boulder, if you will) painted like a labrador or beagle or something. Does anyone know where I might find something like that? Also, do you think the kids will enjoy it as much as they would a real puppy? TIA

Trunk Monkey

Defender of the Blonde
Azzy said:
We are getting ready to move and most of the houses we've found do not allow pets. My kids REALLY want some pets so I was thinkin, maybe I could get them a pretty big, pet rock (or boulder, if you will) painted like a labrador or beagle or something. Does anyone know where I might find something like that? Also, do you think the kids will enjoy it as much as they would a real puppy? TIA
Now I understand your infatuation with camels. You are an idiot.

Azzy

meangirl said:
You mean you weren't serious? :ohwell:
No baby, :poorbaby: of course I'm serious :huggy: I think a pet boulder painted like a lab would be awesome! I could get the kids to take it food and water and treat it like a real puppy so I could see how long it would take them to neglect and kill the real thing.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Azzy said:
No baby, :poorbaby: of course I'm serious :huggy: I think a pet boulder painted like a lab would be awesome! I could get the kids to take it food and water and treat it like a real puppy so I could see how long it would take them to neglect and kill the real thing.
You should ask Jabba. She has a Pug figurine thingy and it looks just like a real doggy only you don't have to feed it or let it outside. :smile:

S

StrwberryKisses

It seems pointless to me. They are going to give up on that rock so fast. At least with a real puppy it can give back to the kids.

A Rock come on.... :smack: I would have laughed at my parents

StrwberryKisses said:
It seems pointless to me. They are going to give up on that rock so fast. At least with a real puppy it can give back to the kids.

She has a a point. :shrug:

:killingme

meangirl

Nice lady!
StrwberryKisses said:

Her kids are used to this kind of thing. When they wanted Beanie Babies she painted faces on pinto beans. :ohwell:

Azzy

meangirl said:
Her kids are used to this kind of thing. When they wanted Beanie Babies she painted faces on pinto beans. :ohwell:
:killingme what can I say, I'm frugal :smile:

Thanks Chasey :howdy:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
There's a place just north of Bear Creak BBQ that does concrete castings. I bet they could make something up for ya. They could do the googly eyes out of glass salad bowls with a couple tennis balls in them. :yay:

princess73

just one of those days...
What about an aquarium? They would have to feed goldfish. I know that I would rather have a puppy. But my son loves to feed his fish and he does every once and awhile sneak his finger in the tank for them to kiss his finger.

S

StrwberryKisses

No that wont work cause she would have to clean the tank like once a month and that would be too much. They need something they can interact with. (this way mom does not drive them to the loony bin) :lmao:

Joyce

I don't remember how long ago this was, but they used to have "electronic" babies and pets. If you didn't pay attention to it and take care of it, it would die on you. It was about the size of a key fob. You used to be able to get them at Spenser's in the Malls. Don't know if you could get them at Best Buy, Wal-Mart or Target around here. Or maybe order them online. :confused:

greyhound

Joyce said:
I don't remember how long ago this was, but they used to have "electronic" babies and pets. If you didn't pay attention to it and take care of it, it would die on you. It was about the size of a key fob. You used to be able to get them at Spenser's in the Malls. Don't know if you could get them at Best Buy, Wal-Mart or Target around here. Or maybe order them online. :confused:

Lets see how long it takes her to reply to this suggestion