A belated introduction...

J

jleapark

Hello to all my new friends! :roflmao:

I'm sorry that we got off to such a rough start. If it's not too late, I would like to take a couple minutes to introduce myself.

Hi, my name is Joe. My wife and I live in Waldorf, close to the Bargain Barns. We've been married for 10 years and have 2 wonderful children and just found out we have a third on the way! We also have a small zoo, consisting of 2 dogs (a German Shepherd-Terrier mix and a Yellow Lab) and a cat.

I work as a Computer Engineer while my wife works from home. We each have our own businesses -- I help market Wellness products while she and a business partner make home-made dog bones and dog treats.

I went to Virginia Tech and received my BS in Business Management; my wife got a similar degree from JMU.

In our "spare time," we help coach our daughter's sports (soccer and t-ball), try to save our lawn (ugh! it's like mowing the Sahara!)and going to the pool. I am also a musical schizophrenic; I can go from Beethovan to Bad Brains to Jeff Beck in a matter of minutes. I am also a member of Toastmasters, an international organization which focuses on Public Speaking and Leadership.

I am also an avid reader of motivational books. My personal favorites are:
* Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
* Retire Young, Retire Rich by Robert Kiyosaki
* The CashFlow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki
* Multiple Streams of Income by Robert Allen
* Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway by Dr. Susan Jeffers
* The Prayer of Jabez by Bruce Wilkerson

Finally, to answer some questions and address some recent issues...

* bknarw said, "That said, I think that Joe is a douchebag!" I will take that in the manner intended -- as a compliment! But, I have never actually seen a bag of douche... BTW, I like the pictures on your website, especially "Sunrise 2." Have you submitted any photos to contests?

* Several people have asked what the h*** I mean when I sign my posts with "I believe in you." This is my personal signature, as opposed to "Sincerely" or whatever. (BTW, why sign a letter with "Sincerely"? Were you not sincere up to that point?) But, what does it mean? First of all, unless I am addressing someone directly, I mean the universal "you." I believe that deep down inside of each of us, there is the power to accomplish whatever we want to if we just stop looking elsewhere. I lived the majority of my life as a bitter, miserable person -- always blaming other people and events for my "aweful" life. But, not long ago, I stopped living my life as a victim. I learned that i (and ONLY I) am responsible for any failures in my life. By the same token, I (and ONLY I) am responsible for my successes and that I am in complete control of my future. That is a powerful feeling and I hope that you experience the same sort of freedom in your life. That's what I mean when I sign my posts.

In a nutshell, that is me -- jleapark. Glad to meetcha!

I believe in you,

Joe

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by jleapark
Hello to all my new friends! :roflmao:

I'm sorry that we got off to such a rough start. If it's not too late, I would like to take a couple minutes to introduce myself.

Hi, my name is Joe. My wife and I live in Waldorf, close to the Bargain Barns. We've been married for 10 years and have 2 wonderful children and just found out we have a third on the way! We also have a small zoo, consisting of 2 dogs (a German Shepherd-Terrier mix and a Yellow Lab) and a cat.

I work as a Computer Engineer while my wife works from home. We each have our own businesses -- I help market Wellness products while she and a business partner make home-made dog bones and dog treats.

I went to Virginia Tech and received my BS in Business Management; my wife got a similar degree from JMU.

In our "spare time," we help coach our daughter's sports (soccer and t-ball), try to save our lawn (ugh! it's like mowing the Sahara!)and going to the pool. I am also a musical schizophrenic; I can go from Beethovan to Bad Brains to Jeff Beck in a matter of minutes. I am also a member of Toastmasters, an international organization which focuses on Public Speaking and Leadership.

I am also an avid reader of motivational books. My personal favorites are:
* Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
* Retire Young, Retire Rich by Robert Kiyosaki
* The CashFlow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki
* Multiple Streams of Income by Robert Allen
* Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway by Dr. Susan Jeffers
* The Prayer of Jabez by Bruce Wilkerson

Finally, to answer some questions and address some recent issues...

* bknarw said, "That said, I think that Joe is a douchebag!" I will take that in the manner intended -- as a compliment! But, I have never actually seen a bag of douche... BTW, I like the pictures on your website, especially "Sunrise 2." Have you submitted any photos to contests?

* Several people have asked what the h*** I mean when I sign my posts with "I believe in you." This is my personal signature, as opposed to "Sincerely" or whatever. (BTW, why sign a letter with "Sincerely"? Were you not sincere up to that point?) But, what does it mean? First of all, unless I am addressing someone directly, I mean the universal "you." I believe that deep down inside of each of us, there is the power to accomplish whatever we want to if we just stop looking elsewhere. I lived the majority of my life as a bitter, miserable person -- always blaming other people and events for my "aweful" life. But, not long ago, I stopped living my life as a victim. I learned that i (and ONLY I) am responsible for any failures in my life. By the same token, I (and ONLY I) am responsible for my successes and that I am in complete control of my future. That is a powerful feeling and I hope that you experience the same sort of freedom in your life. That's what I mean when I sign my posts.

In a nutshell, that is me -- jleapark. Glad to meetcha!

I believe in you,

Joe

Welcome Joe! Thanks for the compliments on the pictures. I've never submitted them for prizes, though.
Oh, and I've been called a douchebag on a couple of occasions, too, so don't sweat it.

BTW, Cariblue wants to know what you're wearing....
:D

Last edited:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Joe, my father gave me the best self help advice anyone could ever give. "Reach down, grab your ears, and pull your head out of you A$$!" ;) Somehow, nothing else I've ever heard or read has ever been able to sum it up so fittingly! :lmao:

Welcome aboard! :cheers:

James D

Joe,

It is your life, but when you said 'I learned that i (and ONLY I) am responsible for any failures in my life. By the same token, I (and ONLY I) am responsible for my successes and that I am in complete control of my future. '

Sounds like a sad way to live to me. But like I said, Its your life, you have to live it.

J

jleapark

Re: Re: A belated introduction...

Originally posted by bknarw

Welcome Joe! Thanks for the compliments on the pictures. I've never submitted them for prizes, though.
Oh, and I've been called a douchebag on a couple of occasions, too, so don't sweat it.

BTW, Cariblue wants to know what you're wearing....
:D

bknarw, I am sweating but NOT because you called me a douchebag! lol Ugh! I hate DC summers!!!

And, Cariblue, all I'm wearing is my Birthday Suit and I am getting some odd looks from my office mates.

oh... my Birthday Suit is a nice blue pinstripe suit with a clown's nose and hat. :p

I believe in you,

Joe

J

jleapark

Re: Re: A belated introduction...

Originally posted by jetmonkey

I can almost forgive all the bullsh*t because you mention the Bad Brains. Money.

JetMonkey! Don't tell me you like Bad Brains too?!?!?!??! Dude! Eye Against Eye ROCKS!

How would you describe their style? The best way I can is a mix of speed metal and reggae. Do you think that's accurate?

Also, what's your favorite albumn?

I believe in you,

Joe

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by jleapark

James,

That's odd that you say that... please explain.

I think that it is a very powerful way to live. I used to live my life as a victim -- oh, what an awful world, why do bad things always happen to me, it's not my fault, etc.

I finally realized that I had to stop blaming the world for my problems. It's not my parent's fault, not my boss's fault, not because of the hole in the o-zone layer. If I wanted to find out who was to blame for where I was in life, I only had to look as far as the mirror.

In that moment, I stopped living as a victim and saw myself as the problem.

Yes, if I stopped here, I would agree with you that living as a victim or as the problem is a sad way to live. But, what happened next was CRITICAL.

I forgave myself.

I am only human. I make mistakes. It's ok. It's not Armageddon. I can pick myself up, learn from my mistakes and move on.

By forgiving myself, I was able to move from seeing myself as the problem to seeing myself as the solution.

If I cannot blame the world for my troubles, I also cannot expect the world to give me my success. If I am tro be happy and successful, it won't be because of my parents or my boss or because of the hole in the o-zone layer.

I am successful because I choose to be successful.

I am in complete control of my life.

That's powerful.

I believe in you,

Joe

These words of motivation and strength brought to by "http://www.imreallycaughtupinmyselfandself-awareness.com"

By the way, this post proves just what a douchebag you can be, but I say go for it! Strive to be a better douchebag! Wake up in the morning and look at yourself in the mirror and say "You are a douchebag! You are the biggest douchebag there is! Now get out there and be an even BIGGER douchebag than you were yesterday!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think it's very interesting how many people are threatened by someone who is a positive thinker. Somehow, JL saying "I believe in you" is a bad thing? Help me here, people, because I just don't get it.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by vraiblonde
I think it's very interesting how many people are threatened by someone who is a positive thinker. Somehow, JL saying "I believe in you" is a bad thing? Help me here, people, because I just don't get it.

It's not bad, really, hence my kidding references to it.
Just a little too "touchy-feely" for me, that's all!

James D

First of all, there is a huge difference and a major logic jump to say,

personal responsibility means that I cannont blame other people when I mess up. (This is what I say)

to jump to

I am now in control of my surroundings. (I don't buy this)

This is a far-eastern philosphy that discounts God. If one does not believe in God - I do think that is a sad way to live.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by cariblue

I haven't responded before, but to me it's as annoying as talking business on the phone with a complete stranger and before you hang up he/she says "god bless you". I just don't like it. It's too personal coming from someone that I don't know.

Just my thoughts.

Thanks for saying that Cariblue.

God Bless You!!!