Hey NannyPam....

Azzy

Or anyone else who wants to chime in. Is it ethical for daycare centers to set their clocks 5 minutes off of standard satellite time, in an effort to make people who can JUST get there by the deadline time, before charging late fees, 5 minutes late so they can charge late fees? Does that make sense? I got hit with a $15 charge on Wednesday because I was 2 minutes late by my cell phone, which would make me 7 minutes late by their time. It is $1 per minute after 6PM up until 6:30 at which point it is $2 per minute. Or, I can pay $15 a week and have until 6:30 to pick him up. I have no freakin clue where they came up with $15. I can get there by 5:55 my time, IF traffic is decent and there are no hangups whatsoever. It doesn't give room for error though. I refused to pay the $15 and now I'm left wondering if I should say something about it or find a daycare who doesn't use shady ways to rack up late fees.

onebdzee

off the shelf
Azzy said:
Or anyone else who wants to chime in. Is it ethical for daycare centers to set their clocks 5 minutes off of standard satellite time, in an effort to make people who can JUST get there by the deadline time, before charging late fees, 5 minutes late so they can charge late fees? Does that make sense? I got hit with a $15 charge on Wednesday because I was 2 minutes late by my cell phone, which would make me 7 minutes late by their time. It is $1 per minute after 6PM up until 6:30 at which point it is $2 per minute. Or, I can pay $15 a week and have until 6:30 to pick him up. I have no freakin clue where they came up with $15. I can get there by 5:55 my time, IF traffic is decent and there are no hangups whatsoever. It doesn't give room for error though. I refused to pay the $15 and now I'm left wondering if I should say something about it or find a daycare who doesn't use shady ways to rack up late fees.

In a VERY nice way, you might want to bring it to their attention that their clocks are "running fast"

I beleive that it is "common practice" of daycare centers to charge you a "late" fee....my suggestion is to pay the extra $15 a week so that way you have enough time to allow for traffic and such

Cowgirl

:yeahthat: It's better to pay $15 a week and not have to rush to daycare (which could lead to a car accident or something).

Nanny Pam

I don't know what the other daycares do. I do not do that. However...I close @ 5:30. If you arrive at 5:31 you owe me 15.00.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Nanny Pam said:
I don't know what the other daycares do. I do not do that. However...I close @ 5:30. If you arrive at 5:31 you owe me 15.00.

AND she sets her clocks ahead 10 minutes :yikes:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Azzy said:
I got hit with a $15 charge on Wednesday because I was 2 minutes late by my cell phone,
I've noticed that my cell phone time is about as accurate as "pull it out of my butt" time. Don't rely on your cell.

Azzy

MMDad said:
I've noticed that my cell phone time is about as accurate as "pull it out of my butt" time. Don't rely on your cell.
So, what should I rely on for Universal standard time? I can always call the 301-844-2525 and see what the Verizon time lady says. What about the time on a computer clock, would that be considered correct and standard? I use to have a cell phone that I could set myself, the one I have now, runs off of satellite or what have you and I can't alter it, so I have always assumed it was correct.

Nanny Pam

My TV keeps the right time. If it gets unplugged or whatever, then come back on the time automatically sets itself.

Hey MMDad...I just checked my cell against my TV time and they are both exactly the same time. Do you have Verizon? I do...and I'm pretty sure it's exact. :shrug:

Azzy

Nanny Pam said:
My TV keeps the right time. If it gets unplugged or whatever, then come back on the time automatically sets itself.

Hey MMDad...I just checked my cell against my TV time and they are both exactly the same time. Do you have Verizon? I do...and I'm pretty sure it's exact. :shrug:
I have Verizon

MMDad

Lem Putt
Nanny Pam said:

My cell is usually right, but I've noticed it being 10 minutes off at times. I don't know why, but I don't trust it if it matters. Yes, it is Verizon.

bfncbs1

Can you ping me now? Good
Cowgirl said:
:yeahthat: It's better to pay $15 a week and not have to rush to daycare (which could lead to a car accident or something).

Agree.....Pay the $15 that way you cqan at least stop for coffee on the way home or if there calling for snow you have a couple of minutes to tackle everyone at the grocery store to grab the last loaf of bread , toilet paper and Milk.

Not worth the stress!! :jameo:

bfncbs1

Can you ping me now? Good
MMDad said:
My cell is usually right, but I've noticed it being 10 minutes off at times. I don't know why, but I don't trust it if it matters. Yes, it is Verizon.

Verizon rules!