Need help.

jaie

So happy!
OK. So Here is the deal. I had to help my friend put her dog down on Thursday night and after the dog was gone, the vet made a paw print in clay. My friend is into scrap-booking and she wants to do a scrap book of the dog the and she wants to put the paw print in it. So I was wondering if anyone has ever seen a scrapbook with a shadowbox in it or on it? Where would be a good place for me to go or look online?

jaie said:
OK. So Here is the deal. I had to help my friend put her dog down on Thursday night and after the dog was gone, the vet made a paw print in clay. My friend is into scrap-booking and she wants to do a scrap book of the dog the and she wants to put the paw print in it. So I was wondering if anyone has ever seen a scrapbook with a shadowbox in it or on it? Where would be a good place for me to go or look online?
It's way to heavy to put in a scrapbook. She would be better off scanning it and putting the scan in there. It would also mess up the pics on the opposite page.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
The clay impression is a negative image, You should be able to use it as a mold to cast a positive image. That could be inked and used as a stamp

Lusby_scrapper

She can also take a picture of it. When I had to put cat to sleep my vet did the same thing and what I did was take a picture of it and I made a page with the card they sent and the picture of the paw print. I hope this helps and if you need some more help please feel free to email at vabchdog@comcast.net

jaie said:
No she wants to try and find a shadowbox attached to a scrapbook. Like maybe she wants it to be the front cover.
That may work if it's not too deep. But I think it will be too heavy.

jaie

So happy!
sweetpea said:
Yea. I don't know. I don't really know about any of this stuff. I just want to help her. She is like my sister and were both very upset so whatever I can do for her I will. I just don't really know where to go.

S

somdebay

sweetpea said:

It isn't too awfully heavy, they did one for our German Shepherd, i thought that was very nice of them. But I think it would be a great idea to somehow attach it to the front cover.

I

Inkpen

dmnyank1 said:
How about something like this? http://www.gifts.com/search/product/Pet-Shadow-Box-Frame?ideaID=6920&prodID=80782

Or even better -- check out #6-8 or so on this site.... some really good ideas!

http://www.dog-answers.com/Dog-Memorial-Gifts.html

You're so sweet for being such a good friend...losing a pet is so hard.

:huggy:

I just lost ( had put to sleep) my old cat, and these are beautiful ideas.
Thank you for the link and the idea.
Sadly, my vet does not do paw prints.

I

Inkpen

jaie said:

I am sorry your friend lost her dog. But what a great idea to get a clay paw print. The suggesstion here are great.
Blessing to you and your friend and prays for her dog.