speaking of taters....

tater

I have a potato (or is it potatoe?) question. When you have a bag of
potatoes that have been in a cabinet for about 3 weeks....
and they start growing these scary looking white
things out of them..... are they still good? What the
he!! are they, do I just knock them off and bake
away.... or should I throw 'em away before
they keep growing and try to mug me and steal my
wallet? :confused:

TIA

S

StrwberryKisses

As long as your potatoes are not mushy they are fine. Those are actually the potatoes trying to take root.

tater

StrwberryKisses said:
As long as your potatoes are not mushy they are fine. Those are actually the potatoes trying to take root.

Great, I happen to have very firm taters. I'll just knock off the scary things and throw 'em in the oven. Thanks :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
StrwberryKisses said:
Those are actually the potatoes trying to take root.
That's kind of scary to think about. Potatoes...growing appendages...reaching out...to take root...

Like some weird horror movie or something. I'd throw them away. :twitch:

O

oldnavy

I fed some of those to my future in-laws just last weekend. They never knew..... :whistle:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I keep my potatoes in the fridge. My mom use to keep them in the pantry. Is one way better than the other? On the other hand she always kept apples in the fridge and mine are in a basket on the counter....

mainman

Set Trippin
pixiegirl said:
I keep my potatoes in the fridge. My mom use to keep them in the pantry. Is one way better than the other? On the other hand she always kept apples in the fridge and mine are in a basket on the counter....
Always have to make it about you don't ya? :drama:

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
vraiblonde said:
That's kind of scary to think about. Potatoes...growing appendages...reaching out...to take root...

Like some weird horror movie or something. I'd throw them away. :twitch:

FEED ME SEMORE!!!

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
pixiegirl said:

apples last longer in the fridge.

Potatoes will turn black in the fridge