World's Best Beaches???

BlackSheep

Just listed on Yahoo-
Quote:We asked thousands of Yahoo! travelers to name the best beaches in the world....
Best Beaches
*Kaanapali, Hawaii
*Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
*Cancun, Mexico
*Miami, Florida
*Panama City, Florida
*Montego Bay, Jamaica
*Phuket, Thailand
*Santa Barbara, California
*Mikonos, Greece
*Virginia Beach, Virginia :jameo: Am I missing something here?? :bigwhoop:

jenbengen

Watch it
LOL!!! :lmao: :lmao:
I've been to six of those beaches! Virginia Beach must be a typo. I can't think of one good reason it should beat out thouands of other AMAZING beaches. It totally ruined any validity that list might have had. :lmao:

All of those beaches have way too many people. I vote for the Northern end of the Gulf of California, Mexico side. 35 miles and maybe a couple thousand people on a holiday weekend. Mostly concentrated near the town.

aps45819 said:
VA beach south of Rudee Inlet is deserted.
I'm sure that's what people were thinking of. In order for a beach to become "best beach" what does it need? Lots of people to go there, have fun and vote on it.

SpeedyG

desertrat said:
All of those beaches have way too many people. I vote for the Northern end of the Gulf of California, Mexico side. 35 miles and maybe a couple thousand people on a holiday weekend. Mostly concentrated near the town.
Stay out of Mexico, gringo.

Pinkflamingo

Virginia Beach???? Not by a longshot.

Hilton Head Island, especially North Forest beach, awesome for families with small children (gentle surf) and hard packed sand that you can ride bikes on

Riviera Maya (south of Cancun) unbelieveable, pure sugary-white soft sand and all the resorts are spread out, so not overly-crowded

Miami Beach, beautiful beach, beautiful people and definately a party town!

Those are my 3 favorites.