Happyazz

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Per your request:

Sausage and Pepper Bread (I don't put the peppers in it)

Dough:

3/4 cup milk (for Webilt/Dak machines, add 2 more tablespoons)
2 eggs
3 cups bread flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3 T butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast for all machines except 1.5 lb Panasonic/National machines (use 3 tsp) and 1.5 pound Webilt/Dak machines (use 2 tsp yeast).

Place all ingredients in bread machine, select Dough setting and press start. When dough has risen long enough, the machine will beep. Remove dough and turn it out on a floured countertop or cutting board.

Filling

1.5 pounds hot Italian sausage
4 T butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 egg beaten
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried basis
1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese (I use more)
1 cup finely chopped red or green bell pepper (I don't put this in)

While dough is rising:

Remove casings from sausages and discard. (don't know what else you would do with them. :lmao: ) Brown sausage over medium heat, crumbling it as it cooks. When brown, remove from pan and drain well on paper towels, set aside to cool. In a small saucepan, melt butter and stir in garlic, set aside.

With a rolling pin, roll dough into 10 x 15 inch rectangle.

Grease a 10 x 15 x 1 inch jelly-roll pan (cookie sheet). Brush surface of dough with half of the garlic butter. Combine sausage, egg, oregano, basil, cheese and chopped bell peper, spread over dough. Starting with the long edge, roll up; pinch seam and ends to seal. Place seam side down on prepared pan. Brush entire surface of roll with remaining garlic butter.

Preheat over to 375. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until brown. (IMPORTANT - When I make it, it only takes about 20 minutes to brown so KEEP AN EYE ON IT). Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes. Slice into whatever size pieces you want.

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
BS Gal said:
Per your request:

Sausage and Pepper Bread (I don't put the peppers in it)

Dough:

3/4 cup milk (for Webilt/Dak machines, add 2 more tablespoons)
2 eggs
3 cups bread flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3 T butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast for all machines except 1.5 lb Panasonic/National machines (use 3 tsp) and 1.5 pound Webilt/Dak machines (use 2 tsp yeast).

Place all ingredients in bread machine, select Dough setting and press start. When dough has risen long enough, the machine will beep. Remove dough and turn it out on a floured countertop or cutting board.

Filling

1.5 pounds hot Italian sausage
4 T butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 egg beaten
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried basis
1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese (I use more)
1 cup finely chopped red or green bell pepper (I don't put this in)

While dough is rising:

Remove casings from sausages and discard. (don't know what else you would do with them. :lmao: ) Brown sausage over medium heat, crumbling it as it cooks. When brown, remove from pan and drain well on paper towels, set aside to cool. In a small saucepan, melt butter and stir in garlic, set aside.

With a rolling pin, roll dough into 10 x 15 inch rectangle.

Grease a 10 x 15 x 1 inch jelly-roll pan (cookie sheet). Brush surface of dough with half of the garlic butter. Combine sausage, egg, oregano, basil, cheese and chopped bell peper, spread over dough. Starting with the long edge, roll up; pinch seam and ends to seal. Place seam side down on prepared pan. Brush entire surface of roll with remaining garlic butter.

Preheat over to 375. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until brown. (IMPORTANT - When I make it, it only takes about 20 minutes to brown so KEEP AN EYE ON IT). Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes. Slice into whatever size pieces you want.

:yum: :yum:

I have a very simular recipe. The dough is made from the boxed 'hot roll' mix is about the only difference. Oh, and I add onions.