ever Make Bread Pudding

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
anyone ever make bread pudding???

i am using a recipe from one of my cook books. never made it before and the process was a little more complicated than i expected.

double boiler in the oven?:confused:

I do not have any ice cream to go with it :jameo:

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
ok i got about 12 minutes left.

i just checked it with a knife and it needs to cook a little longer. But the taste is about right.

I thought the bread slices would melt and blend in a little more but it still looks kinda cool

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Speedy70 said:
What kind of sauce did you make to go over it? :drool:

no sauce although it had a strawberry or rasberry sauce in the book.

it turned out delish. but i am the only one in the house that likes it.

the two kids and one yankee had never tried it before and they did not like it.

I wish i had some icecream :jameo:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
I've got a most excellent recipe for bread pudding. You don't have to wait for bread to go stale, either. There are some faster routes but not as good as using real stale/hard bread. I will have to see if I can locate the recipe. Its not too hard. It has a vanilla sauce recipe for it, too.

Dougstermd said:
no sauce although it had a strawberry or rasberry sauce in the book.

it turned out delish. but i am the only one in the house that likes it.

the two kids and one yankee had never tried it before and they did not like it.

I wish i had some icecream :jameo:

Yuck, a berry sauce on bread pudding? That sounds gross to me. Now I'm craving bread pudding. I may have to pry my grandma's recipe from my mom.

Dougstermd said:
anyone ever make bread pudding???

i am using a recipe from one of my cook books. never made it before and the process was a little more complicated than i expected.

double boiler in the oven?:confused:

I do not have any ice cream to go with it :jameo:
the best bread pudding is made with Krispy Kreme doughtnuts!

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Hollywoodmom said:

I saw one the other day made with banana nut bread. I have been meaning to go back and try it. :yum:

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
I use stale challah or French bread when I make it-no nuts, berries or raisins please. :drool: Easy peasy!

MillyGrear

baseballmom said:
My grandmother :huggy: use to make Bread pudding. I hated that stuff. :barf: My husband love it.

Maybe you should try to ban it :yay: :razz: I'm sure somewhere there's some fruity leftist group trying to ban it for the environment or something. :lmao: Wasn't there something like that last Christmas time for banning fruitcakes or something?

CrunchTime

Live2Ride; Ride2Live
My mother used to make this a lot of times growing up. I remember she used bannanas after they turned browish/black. :barf: Something about using food on the verge of being spoilt made my stomach turn :barf: :lmao: But just like Mom, I find myself doing the same thing, I've grown to like it :lol:

Last edited:
N

nitwhit3286

My Dad has an awesome recipe for it...I will have to get it from him! :)

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Like your dessert with a kick? This slightly boozy, completely decadent bread pudding is just what you're looking for!

INGREDIENTS
8 slices (3/4-inch thick) Italian or French bread
3 cups milk
3 large eggs
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Freshly grated nutmeg
Pinch of salt

8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 cup superfine sugar
1 large egg
2 tablespoons bourbon, or more to taste

Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter a 7" x 11" glass baking dish. Place the bread in the bottom of the dish.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, 1/4 cup of the sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and salt. Pour the mixture over the bread. Let the bread soak for 15 minutes, turning frequently.

Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar over the bread. Arrange the baking dish in a large roasting pan and place in the oven. Pour enough boiling water into the roasting pan to go halfway up the sides of the baking dish. Reduce the heat to 325û and bake for approximately 50 minutes, or until just set.

Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Whisk together the sugar and the egg in a small bowl. Add the sugar mixture to the butter and cook, whisking constantly, for about 10 minutes, or until thickened.

Remove the pan from the heat and add the bourbon; let cool to room temperature. Serve the sauce with the warm bread pudding.

citysherry

I Need a Beer
Hollywoodmom said:

Actually, any glazed doughnut will do. This is my all time favorite one:

1 dozen glazed doughnuts
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 egg, beaten
½ cup of dried blueberries
1 pinch salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

let doughnuts sit out over night. Preheat oven to 350. Cut doughnuts or tear doughnuts into bite-size chunks and place into large bowl. Mix the remaining ingredients together and pour over doughnuts and let stand for 15 to 20 minutes. Pour mixture into a buttered 8x8 baking idsh and bak for one hour.

Lemon sauce

1 stick butter
1 pound box confectioners’ sugar
juice of one lemon

melt butter in a saucepan and slowly stir in sugar add lemon juice and heat until bubbly. Pour lemon sauce over each serving of pudding.

P.S. You can use fresh blue berries but pour some melted butter on them and toss them in 1-2 tablespoons of regular sugar before adding them.

Last edited:

Nanny Pam

Just before I left his sorry ass, I made my ex some bread pudding with chopped up carpenter ants in in. I told him ..."it must be the pepper." He ate it all!

:roflmao:

pepper.....:lmao: