Cardinal wants in!

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
OK, this is driving me crazy. :lmao: For the last month I have had a male cardinal trying to get in my house. He tried the big bay window in my living room for a few weeks, now this morning, he's tried the bedroom window, (same side of the house) He literally flies up to the windows and hit it with his feet! He does this several times a day for several minutes.
I usually leave the bedroom window open a little bit so the kitty can come and go when she pleases and now I can't do that. I have looked from the outside in to see what he might want, and I swear, he just wants in. I also have a female cardinal at the feeders and she doesn't want to come in. I have put out a birdhouse for him, food which he eats like it's his last meal, and I throw my dryer lint outside for him to make a nest. He wants in!
Does anybody know why or have any ideas what he wants? I think Kain sent him over here to check up on me. :buttkick:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
FancyBelle said:
OK, this is driving me crazy. :lmao: For the last month I have had a male cardinal trying to get in my house.
He's trying to run off the male cardinal that he can see in the window.

We have one at work that does this. I hung some strips of paper out over the window and they move in the breeze, keeping him away.

CrunchTime

Live2Ride; Ride2Live
Do you have something in your house that looks like another bird? :shrug: Maybe he wants to mate with it :lol: I hope he doesnt hurt himself by trying to hard to get it.. Got any pictures of this?

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
:lmao: I knew Catt would find the answer! Thanks girlie. But I am not going to put anything on the outside of my windows. My neighbors already think I am crazy and if it start putting stuff on the outside of my windows, they'll bring me an aluminum hat the day they move out of the neighborhood! They are good neighbors and I'd hate to scare them away. :lmao:

morganj614

FancyBelle said:
:lmao: I knew Catt would find the answer! Thanks girlie. But I am not going to put anything on the outside of my windows. My neighbors already think I am crazy and if it start putting stuff on the outside of my windows, they'll bring me an aluminum hat the day they move out of the neighborhood! They are good neighbors and I'd hate to scare them away. :lmao:

You need to walk outside when your neighbors are out, wearing foil on your head. And it will probably scare the bird too! :lol:

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
morganj614 said:
You need to walk outside when your neighbors are out, wearing foil on your head. And it will probably scare the bird too! :lol:
My neighbors have already seen too much of me outside when I didn't know they were home. I better not.