White Water Rafting...

BuddyLee

Football addict
I plan on going white water rafting in West Virginia after graduation. I've been twice, once in Kernsville California and another time in West Virginia on the New River Gorge. I forgot the name of the company in West Virgina that our group went with a few years ago.

Has anyone ever been in West Virginia? Any reccommendations?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Try the Cheat River. :howdy: My aunt and uncle used to own Blackwater Outdoor Adventures, and they always showed customers a great time. They sold the business a couple years ago, so I can't account for the new owner's reputation.

BuddyLee said:
I plan on going white water rafting in West Virginia after graduation. I've been twice, once in Kernsville California and another time in West Virginia on the New River Gorge. I forgot the name of the company in West Virgina that our group went with a few years ago.

Has anyone ever been in West Virginia? Any reccommendations?
I kayaked the New River when i was younger back in summer camp. Rolled it in those rapids right under the bridge. I would like to to it again in a raft though :yay:

I just realized this was absolutley no help, and I dont care. :lmao:

BuddyLee

Football addict
thakidistight said:
I kayaked the New River when i was younger back in summer camp. Rolled it in those rapids right under the bridge. I would like to to it again in a raft though :yay:

I just realized this was absolutley no help, and I dont care. :lmao:
Wanna go with? It would be great to get a big ole group to go...about 15 or more.:getdown:

BuddyLee said:
Wanna go with? It would be great to get a big ole group to go...about 15 or more.:getdown:
Just let me know :yay: We got a canoe trip in May that some guys from the base run. I forget the river but its over in VA, pretty good time as well. Not many rapids but a nice float with a cooler of beer.

Always down to get out of the county for a few days.

Elle

Happy Camper!
We are going tubing in Harpers Ferry in July. From looking up places, there seems to be a lot of rafting there and then also at New River Gorge.

Elle said:
We are going tubing in Harpers Ferry in July. From looking up places, there seems to be a lot of rafting there and then also at New River Gorge.
Harpers Ferry sux. I saw them make some guys pour out every beer they had brought with them in a cooler. Way too much regulation.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Elle said:
New River Gorge was great the last time I went. I'm just trying to find some decent prices for the last time I only paid around $50 a person.

R

riderup

Elle said:
I have been rafting in Harpers Ferry, and it is more relaxing than exciting. The New River is much better for rafting, can even be a class 3-4 depending on the season.

BuddyLee

Football addict
riderup said:
I have been rafting in Harpers Ferry, and it is more relaxing than exciting. The New River is much better for rafting, can even be a class 3-4 depending on the season.
I love the ones where you approach and go "oh sh*t, there's no way!".:lol:

N

nitwhit3286

Its fun when our pirate group stays nestled in our white water raft. :yay: