Kite Day!!!

JustTodd

Zoom Zoom Zoom
Saturday March 17, 2007

Join the Calvert Marine Museum and the Wings Over Washington to celebrate
Kite Day!

Come enjoy kite flying demonstrations on how to catch the wind. Bring a kite or make your own; kits available for $5.

10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

A fun time for sure located as always, the foot of the bridge in Solomon's!

JustTodd said:
Saturday March 17, 2007

Join the Calvert Marine Museum and the Wings Over Washington to celebrate
Kite Day!

Come enjoy kite flying demonstrations on how to catch the wind. Bring a kite or make your own; kits available for $5.

10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

A fun time for sure located as always, the foot of the bridge in Solomon's!
Sounds like a photo op to me. :yay:

JustTodd

Zoom Zoom Zoom
desertrat said:
Sounds like a photo op to me. :yay:

Yes, I promise we will be putting on a show! Here is a couple of photo's shot today courtesy of my son who is very handy with the camera!

Met two very nice people who also fly and decided to stop by and a BIG thanks to the four individuals who took the time to help Corey and I properly fold the flag. It's a big one... and she looked beautiful flying for the short time I had her up!

Harness flying is a drag.. :razz:

Weather for the day... WE HAVE WIND!!! Oh, and umm bundle up :whistle:

Sorry for the links, it appears that #1 the Premo didn't come through yet and #2 I suck at the internet. :smack:

Last edited:
I

Inkpen

JustTodd said:
Yes, I promise we will be putting on a show! Here is a couple of photo's shot today courtesy of my son who is very handy with the camera!

Met two very nice people who also fly and decided to stop by and a BIG thanks to the four individuals who took the time to help Corey and I properly fold the flag. It's a big one... and she looked beautiful flying for the short time I had her up!

AWESOME photo..the first one with the flag!! Have a great time!! :howdy:

JustTodd

Zoom Zoom Zoom
Inkpen said:
AWESOME photo..the first one with the flag!! Have a great time!! :howdy:

Thank you! I will pass this on to my son. :howdy:

He enjoy's flying the Jolly Roger!

Last edited:
JustTodd said:

Sorry for the links, it appears that #1 the Premo didn't come through yet and #2 I suck at the internet. :smack:
That one of the flag with the sun behind it is really dramatic. Good job!

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I think that we'll try to stop on by with our kites, Todd. It'll be nice to fly and to see you and Corey again.

By the way, it was wonderful for you two to come by the church the other day to see us. :huggy:

JustTodd

Zoom Zoom Zoom
Lugnut said:
Very cool :yay:

Hey Todd, how much wind do you need to fly a flag too?

A bunch for that big mamerJammer! Winds were a good 10+ knots yesterday at the point but the kite was struggling. I'm going to the hardware store today so I can rig a flag pole to fly it from, it's just too heavy for anything I have to haul it.

Coming out on Saturday?

JustTodd

Zoom Zoom Zoom
beerlover said:
Nice cameltoe!

You have no idea how many times you have to re-arrange the boy's harness flying. I'm going to have to cut a hole in a shirt and cover it up :killingme

It was good to see you too Tracey! Hope to see you there :huggy:

KEEP HONKING THOSE HORNS!!

The response has been overwhelming and we love it!

Last edited:
JustTodd said:
You have no idea how many times you have to re-arrange the boy's harness flying. I'm going to have to cut a hole in a shirt and cover it up :killingme

It was good to see you too Tracey! Hope to see you there :huggy:

KEEP HONKING THOSE HORNS!!

The response has been overwhelming and we love it!
Dang, those are some serious kites. Where do you get one of those? Are they like the kitesurfing kites?

JustTodd

Zoom Zoom Zoom
thakidistight said:
Dang, those are some serious kites. Where do you get one of those? Are they like the kitesurfing kites?

I recommend Coastal Kites, Natalie is top notch and I receive my gear in 2-3 business days. Great prices, Tell her that Todd recommended her... she loves that!

It was a GREAT day to fly at the foot of the bridge; I even got Old Glory up in the sky on a pole though.

Coastal Kites

JustTodd

Zoom Zoom Zoom
Bundle up, it's going to be a cold fly!

20 to 30 mph winds so it might be too much, will keep an eye on it as it progresses.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
JustTodd said:
Bundle up, it's going to be a cold fly!

20 to 30 mph winds so it might be too much, will keep an eye on it as it progresses.

Great to meet you this morning Todd !

Sorry that I crashed your kite :jameo: :whack:

Last edited: