PSA - Heelys Roller Shoes

Masey

For parents that just don’t know any better, while these hybrid shoes are wildly popular with kids, Church is not the proper place for them - - especially if your child is an alter server! :buttkick:

GeezLouise

tired and content....
Masey said:
For parents that just don’t know any better, while these hybrid shoes are wildly popular with kids, Church is not the proper place for them - - especially if your child is an alter server! :buttkick:

I just got a visual :lmao:

jenbengen

Watch it
Masey said:

:killingme :killingme
Kids flying around our church fellowship hall every Sunday. Heelys and a pretty dress= odd combo.

I hated these shoes when they were popular in Hawaii in 2000. Unfortunately, the trend moved east. lol. I see the draw to them, but I'm a bit sick of dodging rolling kids at the mall. :crazy:

K

Katie

Last weekend at Trader Joe's there were the kids whipping around the corners. It was REAL crowded in there also. She had the heely, and a mini shopping cart. Oh..the topper..a leg brace on her leg.

Tragic Goddess

Tragedy becomes me
Oh the visual on that is too funny! :lmao:

I actually think those shoes are very dangerous. I see children break out in a roll in store and think "what if they run into something".

BottleBlonde

i've heard the heely's are banned at certain schools....even if they dont have the wheels in them (just the caps to make them "normal shoes")

anybody else hear this?

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I had never even heard of Heely's until I saw a few kids using them at Disney World recently. I felt so out of touch.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Tragic Goddess said:
Oh the visual on that is too funny! :lmao:

I actually think those shoes are very dangerous. I see children break out in a roll in store and think "what if they run into something".

Probably the same thing that would happen if they "ran" into something... They fall down go boom. :shrug: BFD

Bay_Kat

Tropical
BottleBlonde said:
i've heard the heely's are banned at certain schools....even if they dont have the wheels in them (just the caps to make them "normal shoes")

anybody else hear this?

My daughter has them, I have heard they aren't allowed in school, but I take the wheels out before school and really you can't tell them from regular shoes.

citysherry

I Need a Beer
My girls ask either myself or their Dad almost daily for Heelys - they're not cheap either! When they asked again last night about getting Heelys, I suggested that they write a letter to the Easter Bunny and ask for Heelys instead of baskets of candy...the two of them are think about it apparently it’s a hard decision for them. :lmao:

Elle

Happy Camper!
Tonio said:
I had never even heard of Heely's until I saw a few kids using them at Disney World recently. I felt so out of touch.
I just read the other day that they were banned from all FL theme parks with a fine up to $200.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
UHG! My kiddo has been begging for months to get them.. I hate them.. They look dangerous and I think it gives kids license to roll around willy-nilly in public..

:boo: heelys:ohwell: