CD Cafe

R

riderup

This is the best food in Solomons, in addition to an outstanding wine selection. Not alot of room in there, so go early and be ready to wait. The good thing is that they have a back area to have appetizers and a drink until your table is ready.

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
I find them to be mediocre.

The food is generally good...not great, but certainly edible. I don't care for their menu at all--not much variety. It's a great place to get a salad, but really, who the hell wants a salad? For what you get, I think the prices are a bit inflated, as well. My biggest complaint is the noise. You can hardly hear the person sitting across the table from you.

On the other hand, the service has been stellar every time I've eaten there and they always offer wonderful (and delicious) desserts.

Don't get me wrong--the place is a nice option every now and then, and insofar as Solomons restaurants go it's one of the better ones--but I think a lot of folks misconstrue just how grandiose the experience is.

R

riderup

Club'nBabySeals said:

The food is generally good...not great, but certainly edible. I don't care for their menu at all--not much variety. It's a great place to get a salad, but really, who the hell wants a salad? For what you get, I think the prices are a bit inflated, as well. My biggest complaint is the noise. You can hardly hear the person sitting across the table from you.

On the other hand, the service has been stellar every time I've eaten there and they always offer wonderful (and delicious) desserts.

Don't get me wrong--the place is a nice option every now and then, and insofar as Solomons restaurants go it's one of the better ones--but I think a lot of folks misconstrue just how grandiose the experience is.
Interesting. The menu constantly changes, so you may want to try another time. I always enjoy the atmosphere because it is quiet and candlelit every time I have been.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
It's true their main menu doesn't vary much but their nightly specials are awesome. I've never had a bad meal there and service has always been outstanding. And their desserts are to die for. I do like the "Next Door Lounge" for light fare and desserts or just waiting for a table in the main dining area.

It's a toss-up whether The Dry Dock or CD Cafe is my favorite. I've always had outstanding experiences at both establishments.

ohstate

Michael Delaney said:
Agreed, The best place to eat in Solomons.

Best place to eat in Southern Maryland, IMO. My husband hasn't ordered off the menu in years - always gets one of the nightly specials. Amazing desserts, too.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Club'nBabySeals said:

:yeahthat:

I've been once and it was OK.. not what I expected with all the hype people give it at the office.

Not going out of my way, or over the bridge to go again. (Okada is on the way)

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Hollywoodmom said:
..and the soups, and the specials and ...everything!
Always worth the wait! Appetizers are good in that hideyway place. :yay:

The filet with boursin cheese over the wilted spinich is my favorite! :drool:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
RoseRed said:
The filet with boursin cheese over the wilted spinich is my favorite! :drool:

Stop. :tantrum Canned chicken noodle soup and saltine crackers are a very poor substitute. :ohwell:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
:yum: In spite of how bad I feel, I'd KILL for some of that now.
Well damn, if I had known earlier, I would have delivered. Get better soon and I will treat you to dinner and dessert! :yay:

jazz lady said:
Stop. :tantrum Canned chicken noodle soup and saltine crackers are a very poor substitute. :ohwell:
Glad to see you are amongst the living! Got your text... I had it last week...:dead: It takes a full week to feel human again.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
RoseRed said:
Well damn, if I had known earlier, I would have delivered. Get better soon and I will treat you to dinner and dessert! :yay:

I was in lala-land for sure. Thanks and I'm planning on taking you up on that. :smooch:

One of these days I'm going to make it myself. I bought this set from BJ's that has four of the ceramic ramekins and a mix for making the creme brulee itself. Once I conquer that, I'll attempt it on my own. :yay:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
I was in lala-land for sure. Thanks and I'm planning on taking you up on that. :smooch:

One of these days I'm going to make it myself. I bought this set from BJ's that has four of the ceramic ramekins and a mix for making the creme brulee itself. Once I conquer that, I'll attempt it on my own. :yay:

I can make a killer Eggnog Creme Brulee. :drool:

morganj614

jazz lady said:

Do you have the mini blow torch?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
Glad to see you are amongst the living! Got your text... I had it last week...:dead: It takes a full week to feel human again.

:howdy: Thanks for the concern. I didn't mean to worry anyone. :huggy: This crap is NASTY and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It's been three days and I'm just now starting to feel the tiniest bit better. :ohwell: