Tiki Bar Opening

Yeah we go by boat too.  So much easier.. Plus you have a place to sleep if you don't feel like going home.  We didn't get a chance to go last year cause our daughter was young, but we will for sure this year.  Ooohh I can't wait.

Kara~

J and M

Thanks for the info.  We haven't been to the last few openings, but this year we have friends who want to go.  Will have to think about going by water.  Is docking a nightmare?

K

KaZamm1061

Well i cant wait for the tiki to open. I am a faithfull partier for opening and closing. I have lots of beeds and im sure as ussual there will be plenty of topless gals there to take those beeds from me. Its mardi Gra in the making when that place opens up. 10 Years straight and ive never missed an opening or closing. If you have never been you dont want to miss it, trust me.

smile

Does anyone know who the band that played at Harbor Sounds last year, the outside one?  Also, did they have a band inside Harbor Sounds, if so who was that?

Bigdaddy

I would imagine it was either Lloydd dobler effect, Tailgators or Round Midnite. This year my band opens the tiki bar at Harbor sounds. April 19 at 6pm. You guys come rock with us..YOu can check us out at www.thenobrainers.com. The tiki bar opening is a must for all to see. Thanks

jimbo133

Nasty rumor going around that states the Tiki Bar was sold and there would be no opening this year?  :angry: Anyone know for sure? :bawl:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I'm thinking about going -- never been before.  Is it as wild as they say?  Any of you guys going?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I will be there!   Haven't missed an opening in 11 years.  It can get a bit crazy, but nothing that offends me.  I usually go about 3:30-4:00pm and leave around 7 or 8.  I have another party to go to that night which is much closer to home.

Y

yornoc

I went once about 4 years and had the worst time.  I was new here so I did not know anyone and it took tooooooo loooooooong to get a drink.:burning:  On my way out I had to go through tooooo many checkpoints.  I guess if I had approached it from the water (with a fun group) it would have been more fun. :peace:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
For all going to the Tiki Bar across the Thomas Johnson Bridge from St. Mary's watch out on your return trip as a sobriety checkpoint will be set up on Rt. 4 just this side of the bridge.

DarbyOhara

Musician
cariblue on 12:30 pm on April 15, 2002[br]Yep, it was there last year, too.  And I knew someone who got busted there....he deserved it...all around jerk.

For any who can access the Annex, you might consider a tent or pop-up (whatever) and park it there.  Short taxi ride or walk from the fesivities.

Hope to see you all there!  Not that I would know you if I saw you...with the exception of Sticks and Darby

~Peace

Hey cariblue!  I thought we were ALL camping out at your place and you were going to taxi us across the bridge... lol  :cheers:

DarbyOhara

Musician
cariblue on 6:46 am on April 17, 2002[br]Now how am I suppose to do that, and get tanked too? :silly:

Can you spell "SOBER"?  You will be the host!  lol  Course, perhaps talk hubby into doing the taxi'n and you can let your hair down... he could keep an eye on you at the same time... lol

Another idea!  Buy a nice BIG boat and we'll all hang out on it!  In fact, this is the better idea!  If it gets too crowded, we could over-fill the coolers and truck up and down the bay!