Took a trip to Washington D.C.

JustTodd

Zoom Zoom Zoom
Friends came up from Texas to visit family and friends. Robert just came back from Iraq and wanted to see the monuments so off we go last week right after the smow.

The White House was nice to see and the second picture you can see the Presidential dogs having some down time.

At the Wall there was nothing but silence.

Page 2 coming up next with more pictures

Attachments

• DSC01957.jpg
    DSC01957.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC01963.jpg
    DSC01963.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC01927.jpg
    DSC01927.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC01938.jpg
    DSC01938.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC01945.jpg
    DSC01945.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 126

JustTodd

Zoom Zoom Zoom
Washington Monument and one of the flags on the pole surrounding it.

A couple of seagulls hanging out and lastly some drunk passed out on the lawn :whistle:

Attachments

• DSC01952.jpg
    DSC01952.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC01985.jpg
    DSC01985.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC01992.jpg
    DSC01992.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC01979.jpg
    DSC01979.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC01973.jpg
    DSC01973.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 121

JustTodd

Zoom Zoom Zoom
Next day we were of to the Air and Space Museum out at the airport. For those of you who haven't been there to see this, it's a must do on the list. Soooo much things to do and see.

A few of my favorites.

Attachments

• DSC02047.jpg
    DSC02047.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC02053.jpg
    DSC02053.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC02104.jpg
    DSC02104.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 112

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
What kind of camera/lens?

You got some good exposures overall, but I'm wondering why there is vignetting on some of the landscapes. Did you add that?

I like the seagulls. :lol:

JustTodd

Zoom Zoom Zoom
It's a Sony Cyber-shot 5.1 MP. The vignetting is from the Ulead photo editing
software that I use. Light effect that often softens the picture. The land gulls were everywhere. :lmao:

hvp05

JustTodd said:
It's a Sony Cyber-shot 5.1 MP.
You should upgrade. We can help. :biggrin:

JustTodd said:
the Ulead photo editing software that I use.
This one?
Ulead Photo Explorer is the all-in-one tool for owners of digital cameras, WebCams, DV camcorders, scanners or anyone who strives to effectively handle digital media.
For $30? $30! And I was planning to dump so much more on Photoshop. :rolleyes:

hvp05

hvp05 said:
You should upgrade. We can help. :biggrin:
Anonymous Karma Sender said:
Why would you ASSume he wants to upgrade? You sound like a pompous jerk.
Because I work for Canon and stand to directly profit from JustTodd's purchase of many thousands of dollars worth of new camera equipment... obviously. :duh:

Here is a clue, Anonymous. Good day.

By the way, you sent green. :lol:

JustTodd

Zoom Zoom Zoom
I'm fine with that, everyone has an opinion. I like my Sony and it has captured many special moments that will remain in the family for quite a while.
I had a Cannon AE-1 and just wasn't that impressed as all the hype.

I'll be snapp'n plenty tomorrow at KiteDay!

hvp05 talk with me about some upgrades, I enjoy keeping up with the latest and greatest.

hvp05

JustTodd said:
I like my Sony and it has captured many special moments that will remain in the family for quite a while.
I still have my PowerShot 3.2MP I got over 4 years ago. I enjoy the images I shot with it, but I'm not sentimental about the camera. I'm always willing to upgrade.

JustTodd said:
Cannon AE-1
Yeah, a lot has changed... in the past 30 years. :lol:

JustTodd said:
hvp05 talk with me about some upgrades, I enjoy keeping up with the latest and greatest.
What would you like to hear? I am a Canon person - unfamiliar with the specifics on Sony or Nikon.

I am still shooting with an old D-Rebel. I have considered the newer D-Rebel XTi, but I hear they have some noise issues. The 30D seems to be the solid standard for serious pro-ams. Lower resolution, but I think it's negligible next to the processing power and durability.

Of course, there is always something new to look forward to... and I just learned that something is the EOS-1D Mark III. :drool:

They announced this bada$$ last month, but it will not be released until sometime during Spring. The name indicates it will follow in Canon's elite "pro" Mark lineage and they are trumpeting it as "the most advanced EOS Digital SLR ever produced,"; the stats are indeed stunning. I can hardly wait to see the pricepoint.

Buy that and a nice piece of glass and pretty much anything is within reach.

But, like I said, this is from a Canon person. :lol: :howdy:

ylexot

Super Genius
hvp05 said:
Of course, there is always something new to look forward to... and I just learned that something is the EOS-1D Mark III. :drool:

They announced this bada$$ last month, but it will not be released until sometime during Spring. The name indicates it will follow in Canon's elite "pro" Mark lineage and they are trumpeting it as "the most advanced EOS Digital SLR ever produced,"; the stats are indeed stunning. I can hardly wait to see the pricepoint.

Buy that and a nice piece of glass and pretty much anything is within reach.

But, like I said, this is from a Canon person. :lol: :howdy:
I'm actually not even toying with the thought of getting the 1D Mark III. It has some cool capabilities...few of which I would use. It's just not worth upgrading from the full-frame 5D for me. Now, if they come out with a 1Ds Mark III...:drool:

sailfishes

I just read your comment on the new cannon slr, do you know of anyone that has one? I have the Samsung Pro 815 slr and I love it, of course you learn as you go I was at the kite day on Sat and the photos turned out really well,I had foun a new feature on the cam. that I had not used before and it made a big diff.I know I should read thed book more but I am always using the cam. that I get frustrated trying to fig. out what does what with the book while taking photos,so I learn as I go.Colleen