Girlfriend Getaways

Mary866

Where are so good places on the east coast for girlfriend getaways? We are all located on the east coast...from Maryland to Florida and were thinking of meeting in the middle...just dont know where. Or maybe some websites that specialize in getaways!! (for the 40 year old age group..haha) :howdy: :howdy:

CMC122

Go Braves!
Pandora said:
Myrtle Beach :getdown:
:yeahthat:
Off season starts mid August, tons of awesome outlets, great white sand beaches and lots of things to do at night! And there are some awesome things to do for a day trip such as visit Charleston or go to one of the many plantations, even do some fishing:biggrin:

Last edited:
S

StrwberryKisses

Nickel said:
If I were going on vacation with just my girlfriends, I'd go on a cruise. :cheers:

I second that. This way you get to enjoy all the food you want and have a blast doing it. Alot of the cruises leave out of Miami and now Norfolk is becoming a big port.

Enjoy your getaway where ever you go. I wish I could get my girlfriends to give up on there husbands and go on an all girls trip. :howdy:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
My sis and I and friends get a house in the Outer Banks for a week every year. Good times. Very relaxing.

hollywoman

for a cruise (small) depending on where, you might need passports. My girlfriends and i are going to St. Pete, Fl for 4 days in May, nice beaches. The outbanks is nice, but also try pawleys island, bald head island, atlantic beach.

Mary866

I have seen a few people mention OBX, is this the Outer Banks of NC.....not sure what the x is for? We havent been to the Outer Banks before, so that may be a fun trip.....any antique stores there?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Mary866 said:
I have seen a few people mention OBX, is this the Outer Banks of NC.....not sure what the x is for? We havent been to the Outer Banks before, so that may be a fun trip.....any antique stores there?
They can't spell banx

wineo

loving life
Ashville NC, if you are looking antiques, the area around Ashville and Hendersonville. You can rent nice cabins with hot tubs. Quite mountain getaway.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
wineo said:
Ashville NC, if you are looking antiques, the area around Ashville and Hendersonville. You can rent nice cabins with hot tubs. Quite mountain getaway.
How far away is Ashville?

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
Berkeley Springs WV is a beautiful place for a relaxing girlfriend spa weekend. The spas and treatments are all fantastic. The women in my family get together and go every spring. Atasia spa is my favorite. Ask for Frankie for your massage.

And outlet malls are close!

OldHillcrestGuy

CMC122 said:
:yeahthat:
Off season starts mid August, tons of awesome outlets, great white sand beaches and lots of things to do at night! And there are some awesome things to do for a day trip such as visit Charleston or go to one of the many plantations, even do some fishing:biggrin:

:getdown: :getdown: :yay:

Actually off-season starts just after Labor Day, prices really drop, can stay 7days for about $400, right on the beach in the heart of Myrtle Beach.
Weather still in 80's, not crowded with people . Plenty of outlets, awesome mall. Many different shows to go to Alabama Theatre, Palace Theatre, Carolina Opry, Dixie Stampede to name a few.
I took the day trip last Sept. to Charleston, great trip.
I have gone the past 4 years in Sept. to MB, and I am planning my trip for this year right now. :howdy:

PS. Only down side to going in September is your in the middle of hurricane season, and need to keep an eye on developing storms out in the Caribbean.

Last edited:
R

riderup

Mary866 said:
Where are so good places on the east coast for girlfriend getaways? We are all located on the east coast...from Maryland to Florida and were thinking of meeting in the middle...just dont know where. Or maybe some websites that specialize in getaways!! (for the 40 year old age group..haha) :howdy: :howdy:
The Homestead in Virginia is really nice. Another place is Wintergreen, near Charlottesville.