CRE, it's almost spring & really bad behavior of kids at bus stops

InsanelyBusy

I'm sure it's not just CRE, however....though.

My kid is a good kid. Not perfect, but good, and she knows how to behave, and does. Even when I'm not around. She may be silly at times, and thinks she's getting away with something, but it's never anything major, you know? But what's going on with the way parents just think that because their kids walk to a bus stop, that they dont ever need supervision? You think they don't? Because they are a certain age? Think again please.

Parents, I'm not accusing any ceratain kids of anything, but all over the area (so that im not accusing any particular person) as parents, we NEED to make sure that our kids aren't out of control, while at the bus stops. If your boy
(and unfortunately the kids acting this way at this bus stop are boys) catches the southern middle school bus at the intersection of Rawhide & Gunsmoke...you need to be more aware of their behavior. Unfortunately, all I've gotten is a bunch of sorry excuses from the CRE security people. Yes, I've called, yes, I thought I had a valid need for security to observe. And they are useless. CRE might as well discontinue the security program altogether, in my opinion. They don't care if property gets damaged, nor if anyone gets hurt. They can't- they aren't staffed for this type of security need, and that is what i was told.

My particular bus stop is at a busy intersection in CRE. Rawhide & Gunsmoke.
I am there every morning. Not to babysit my kid, not at all. She gets out of my vehicle, and goes on about her business before the bus arrives. She knows how to conduct herself, and realizes consequences for stupid actions, so she doesnt get involved in some of the deplorable behavior that goes on at our bus stop.
I am there, with a cell phone, in case SOMEONE needs to call 911, and eventually, I'm pretty certain, that scenario is inevitable. There is only ONE other parent who cares enough to be available, for any reason, and doesnt just drop off their kid (s) and leave. And there are several who COULD be there, but choose not to be.

The behavior at this bus stop needs documented. and it looks like I'm going to be the one of few who care about whats going on. (raw eggs thrown at cars (passing by or parked)and at other kids, & kids getting raw eggs smashed onto their heads & then others stuffing the same kid into a trash can, because they are able to do so, and think its funny-all before the school bus picks the kids up to transport them to school...) Oh yeah, and since the board of education doesnt own the school busses here, it's not their problem. Parents, of these boys, please be observant. You'll see that their behavior at this bus stop is beyond what is acceptable.

Case and point: Today 3/23/07... several boys had ziploc bags of those "snap it" things people throw onto the ground & at people, and they "pop".
Not a problem, right? Just goofy kids having fun before the school day, throwing these at each other, and at cars, and running out into the road right INTO the paths of busy morning traffic. Just fun, right? They chase each other into the paths of cars, who clearly have the right of way, as there is NO cross walk, nor any stop signal for the intersection. Displayed in this area, is only a sign that somewhat indicates that the area is a bus stop area. From what I see every morning, people driving this road, people are not adhering to the speed limit, and they really don't stop to think that they may need to be a bit more aware of kids while they are driving on a busy CRE road in the mornings. You know, the drivers are too busy hurrying to get where they have to go. They forget whats going on al around them int he moring, and that they have to slow down, and be aware of kids goofing off.

Three drivers were almost victim to the same boys darting out into heavy traffic, just to throw "snap its" at each other, to laugh as they cheated trauma, the possibility of something really bad happening. One blue dodge
caravan almost hit one of these boys, as he ran out into the drivers' path...and the boy didnt care, not one bit. The boy was oblivious to the fact that he almost got hit by this car.
These boys spit at each other (and the last time I knew of it- spitting is a punishable offese as to do harm, even if no disease is present in the saliva) charge at each other, and throw things, in order to influence the other to be forced out into the road- on purpose. They think its a new form of recreation...

I get the feeling that by posting here, my comments will be laughed at, made fun of, and be a humorous sounding post for those who have a cynical intention. I see far too much of that in the forums here, but I understand that happens. :razz:

I'm asking that those who have kids in the CRE area, who ride school busses, not to ignore whats going on and :lalala: . Security is not there to help until something bad happens, and then it may be too late to stop injury.
The bus drivers don't care about what happens AT the stop while the kids are waiting (on the bus, i'm sure the story is different,and rightfully so). The schools don't care because the board of education does not own the busses, and CRE security is out numbered, understaffed, supposedly underfunded, & just plain NOT available secure to the area they are supposed to be staffed & available to keep secure. This trikkles over to the county sheriffs deputys, who have a nice voice mail about this safety concern situation. (although no injury nor accident has occurred, so its not exactly a priority yet). So by the time something bad were to have happened, don't you think that parents who are responsible for influencing their childrens actions and behavior wonder WHO is at fault? Yes, at a ceratin age, it's the childs fault. And its a behavioral issue. But do YOU know what your kid is acting like when youre not around to see, and they are at the bus stop? Some are tempting fate, and challenging moderate & heavy traffic, and it's senseless.

The police/sheriff can only protect and serve to a certain extent.
CRE security is shaking in their shoes, in denial, and :confused: with no solutions to secure CRE in the mornings while it's resident minors are off and oblivious to teh consequences of theri behavior.

It's (nearly)springtime in CRE. The drivers are out in force, and the kids at the bus stop, acting like they have absolutely NO common sense, respect, or guidance.

:lmao: :bigwhoop: :popcorn: OK. Have fun with this thread now. Take nothing seriously. Everything's fine. :lmao: :bigwhoop: :popcorn:

:lalala: <~~~ I forgot that one.....HAD to add that one in here again... *grin*

InsanelyBusy

Speedy70 said:
Check your calendar. It IS spring.

BTW, your post is way too long. I didn't get passed the first sentence.

Yes, it's a long post. However, It's where people can see it. Or ignore it..whatever they choose. :)

It's ok. I'm noticing that alot of people in this area ignore their kids. It's not always a good thing.

I understand your comment. Point taken.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
InsanelyBusy said:
Yes, it's a long post. However, It's where people can see it. Or ignore it..whatever they choose. :)

It's ok. I'm noticing that alot of people in this area ignore their kids. It's not always a good thing.

I understand your comment. Point taken.

Where are you from?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
InsanelyBusy said:

My kid is a good kid. Not perfect, but good, and she knows how to behave, and does. Even when I'm not around. She may be silly at times, and thinks she's getting away with something, but it's never anything major, you know? But what's going on with the way parents just think that because their kids walk to a bus stop, that they dont ever need supervision? You think they don't? Because they are a certain age? Think again please.

Parents, I'm not accusing any ceratain kids of anything, but all over the area (so that im not accusing any particular person) as parents, we NEED to make sure that our kids aren't out of control, while at the bus stops. If your boy
(and unfortunately the kids acting this way at this bus stop are boys) catches the southern middle school bus at the intersection of Rawhide & Gunsmoke...you need to be more aware of their behavior. Unfortunately, all I've gotten is a bunch of sorry excuses from the CRE security people. Yes, I've called, yes, I thought I had a valid need for security to observe. And they are useless. CRE might as well discontinue the security program altogether, in my opinion. They don't care if property gets damaged, nor if anyone gets hurt. They can't- they aren't staffed for this type of security need, and that is what i was told.

I am there every morning. Not to babysit my kid, not at all. She gets out of my vehicle, and goes on about her business before the bus arrives. She knows how to conduct herself, and realizes consequences for stupid actions, so she doesnt get involved in some of the deplorable behavior that goes on at our bus stop.
I am there, with a cell phone, in case SOMEONE needs to call 911, and eventually, I'm pretty certain, that scenario is inevitable. There is only ONE other parent who cares enough to be available, for any reason, and doesnt just drop off their kid (s) and leave. And there are several who COULD be there, but choose not to be.

The behavior at this bus stop needs documented. and it looks like I'm going to be the one of few who care about whats going on. (raw eggs thrown at cars (passing by or parked)and at other kids, & kids getting raw eggs smashed onto their heads & then others stuffing the same kid into a trash can, because they are able to do so, and think its funny-all before the school bus picks the kids up to transport them to school...) Oh yeah, and since the board of education doesnt own the school busses here, it's not their problem. Parents, of these boys, please be observant. You'll see that their behavior at this bus stop is beyond what is acceptable.

Case and point: Today 3/23/07... several boys had ziploc bags of those "snap it" things people throw onto the ground & at people, and they "pop".
Not a problem, right? Just goofy kids having fun before the school day, throwing these at each other, and at cars, and running out into the road right INTO the paths of busy morning traffic. Just fun, right? They chase each other into the paths of cars, who clearly have the right of way, as there is NO cross walk, nor any stop signal for the intersection. Displayed in this area, is only a sign that somewhat indicates that the area is a bus stop area. From what I see every morning, people driving this road, people are not adhering to the speed limit, and they really don't stop to think that they may need to be a bit more aware of kids while they are driving on a busy CRE road in the mornings. You know, the drivers are too busy hurrying to get where they have to go. They forget whats going on al around them int he moring, and that they have to slow down, and be aware of kids goofing off.

Three drivers were almost victim to the same boys darting out into heavy traffic, just to throw "snap its" at each other, to laugh as they cheated trauma, the possibility of something really bad happening. One blue dodge
caravan almost hit one of these boys, as he ran out into the drivers' path...and the boy didnt care, not one bit. The boy was oblivious to the fact that he almost got hit by this car.
These boys spit at each other (and the last time I knew of it- spitting is a punishable offese as to do harm, even if no disease is present in the saliva) charge at each other, and throw things, in order to influence the other to be forced out into the road- on purpose. They think its a new form of recreation...

I get the feeling that by posting here, my comments will be laughed at, made fun of, and be a humorous sounding post for those who have a cynical intention. I see far too much of that in the forums here, but I understand that happens. :razz:

I'm asking that those who have kids in the CRE area, who ride school busses, not to ignore whats going on and :lalala: . Security is not there to help until something bad happens, and then it may be too late to stop injury.
The bus drivers don't care about what happens AT the stop while the kids are waiting (on the bus, i'm sure the story is different,and rightfully so). The schools don't care because the board of education does not own the busses, and CRE security is out numbered, understaffed, supposedly underfunded, & just plain NOT available secure to the area they are supposed to be staffed & available to keep secure. This trikkles over to the county sheriffs deputys, who have a nice voice mail about this safety concern situation. (although no injury nor accident has occurred, so its not exactly a priority yet). So by the time something bad were to have happened, don't you think that parents who are responsible for influencing their childrens actions and behavior wonder WHO is at fault? Yes, at a ceratin age, it's the childs fault. And its a behavioral issue. But do YOU know what your kid is acting like when youre not around to see, and they are at the bus stop? Some are tempting fate, and challenging moderate & heavy traffic, and it's senseless.

CRE security is shaking in their shoes, in denial, and :confused: with no solutions to secure CRE in the mornings while it's resident minors are off and oblivious to teh consequences of theri behavior.

It's (nearly)springtime in CRE. The drivers are out in force, and the kids at the bus stop, acting like they have absolutely NO common sense, respect, or guidance.

:lmao: :bigwhoop: :popcorn: OK. Have fun with this thread now. Take nothing seriously. Everything's fine. :lmao: :bigwhoop: :popcorn:

:lalala: <~~~ I forgot that one.....HAD to add that one in here again... *grin*

The parents of those troublesome kids won't give a darn until one of them gets hurt. Then those parents will scream the loudest and start pointing fingers. Take some video, if one of those brats gets run over, at least you can be a witness for the driver.

smoothmarine187

you must not be to insanely busy if you had time to post all of this :lol: You should have gotten out of your car and chastised them severly, or on monday just make them read all of this...that should put them to sleep pretty quickly. Just don't read it while they are playing in the road.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
:twitch:

InsanelyBusy said:

I get the feeling that by posting here, my comments will be laughed at, made fun of, and be a humorous sounding post for those who have a cynical intention. I see far too much of that in the forums here, but I understand that happens.

I'm asking that those who have kids in the CRE area, who ride school busses, not to ignore whats going on and . Security is not there to help until something bad happens, and then it may be too late to stop injury.

OK. Have fun with this thread now. Take nothing seriously. Everything's fine.

<~~~ I forgot that one.....HAD to add that one in here again... *grin*

Vince

Sharon said:
The parents of those troublesome kids won't give a darn until one of them gets hurt. Then those parents will scream the loudest and start pointing fingers. Take some video, if one of those brats gets run over, at least you can be a witness for the driver.
:yeahthat: It will take one of those stupid kids being hit by a car, before someone notices. Glad I don't have kids in school anymore.

Wild Dog

It's just a matter of time before one of them gets run over :coffee:

Rawhide and Gunsmoke.....UHM Sounds like a job for Wyatt Earp....... :jameo:

InsanelyBusy

smoothmarine187 said:
you must not be to insanely busy if you had time to post all of this :lol: You should have gotten out of your car and chastised them severly, or on monday just make them read all of this...that should put them to sleep pretty quickly. Just don't read it while they are playing in the road.

I adjust my schedule to make time fo rmy kid in the early mornings..THEN i'm VERY busy... work is work, but my priority is my kid....no matter what.

DawnK

Mostly known as a BIOTCH
ah, well if you are at the bus stop with your kid than that must mean you live either in the same road/neighborhood/vincinity as the other kids...

tell their parents about their behavior... and the eggs and the pushing in the street. Or tell the kids to knock it off. I have no problems telling other kids to chill out when I am around them. Usually they listen to an adult figure ...

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
You know a video camera catching these incidents and then sent to the school board will fix the problem. You do know that the school bus stop is considered school property right? The actions you said happened would be punishable by suspensions and such which would get the parents of these kids upset enough to do something about it when they have to take a day off of work to go to school for these kids.

InsanelyBusy

DawnK said:
ah, well if you are at the bus stop with your kid than that must mean you live either in the same road/neighborhood/vincinity as the other kids...

tell their parents about their behavior... and the eggs and the pushing in the street. Or tell the kids to knock it off. I have no problems telling other kids to chill out when I am around them. Usually they listen to an adult figure ...

Nope. It doesnt work. They don't want to hear about it. They just figure its their kids, being kids. I feel badly for them, because of this attitude.

InsanelyBusy

FastCarsSpeed said:
You know a video camera catching these incidents and then sent to the school board will fix the problem. You do know that the school bus stop is considered school property right? The actions you said happened would be punishable by suspensions and such which would get the parents of these kids upset enough to do something about it when they have to take a day off of work to go to school for these kids.

Yup.
In process.

FastCarsSpeed said:
I like this recommendation. :yay: