Bats

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
That is a great shot! I imagine it was difficult to capture, but the scene with the dark clouds and trees fits the theme. :yay:

sunflower

Loving My Life...
:twitch: Im always scared that they'll land in my hair :jameo: I had one come through my truck window once talk about :faint: Good pic though!

ocean733

What a really cool picture. We caught one on the grill of our truck one night. I was so excited to be able to look at it up close.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
desertrat said:
They are challenging to photograph. :lmao:
A fairly small, fast-moving object that usually appears only after dusk... can't get much tougher than that.

Need a fast lens with a moderate telephoto at least. Then, put some bait on a stick and let them come try to get it. Might be interesting.

desertrat said:
Thank you all very much.
Here you can actually see the little guy.

That is awesome! We always had one or two that would fly around the barn light every night during the warm months (at my parents). Several times if I was outside near the barn while they were out, they would fly a little too close to my head for comfort. They give me the creeps!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
virgovictoria said:
...and eye protection...a rosary (if religious)...

If he needs holy water, we'll need to have a Preist bless a Fire Truck.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
desertrat said:
They are challenging to photograph. :lmao:
Good shot! I saw one last night while sitting on the deck. Little buggers are fast.

hvp05 said:
A fairly small, fast-moving object that usually appears only after dusk... can't get much tougher than that.

Need a fast lens with a moderate telephoto at least. Then, put some bait on a stick and let them come try to get it. Might be interesting.
Im not sure they come for bait. What you gotta do is throw a small rock up into the air and take the pic when they come swoop down for it because they think its an insect or something :yay:

D

dems4me

thakidistight said:
Im not sure they come for bait. What you gotta do is throw a small rock up into the air and take the pic when they come swoop down for it because they think its an insect or something :yay:

Good idea!! This should work. As kids, my brother and I used to throw rocks up in the air over eachother's heads so that the bats would come swooping down at each other. :yay: