A Hog in my future?

Agee

Okay, I've got the bug, checked out some of the 2006 Harley models. What do you folks think of a basic Sporster?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Airgasm said:
Okay, I've got the bug, checked out some of the 2006 Harley models. What do you folks think of a basic Sporster?
Good beginners bike..

Although as tall as you are it may look like a clown bike with you on it.

But as Harley's go, the price is right, get the forward mounted controls shouldn't be too bad.

Ponytail

Yea, for your height, don't go any smaller than a Dyna Lowrider. Even the Dyna Sport is gonna be tight for you.

I started on a 1200 Sporty, and even with the extended forward controls, I still felt like I was on a mini-bike...was told that that's what I looked like too. BUT, I kept it for a year, and rode the snot out of it. It was only uncomfy on long rides. Fun as hell on short romps through the twisties.

if price is an issue, buy a used one. if it's a starter bike, buy as big a foreign bike as you can, for as cheap as you can. I know where there's a nice 82' Honda for sale in CRE...looks like it could be a Goldwing variant, but a nice looking bike for as old as it is.

Last edited:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Airgasm said:
What do you folks think of a basic Sporster?
OK beginners bike and you'll probably be able to sell it or trade it in without a big loss. Like all Harley's they've improved over the years. Last one I rode, the mirrors were usless due to vibration and it screwed up my self winding watch. They now have rubber mounted engines and feel a lot smoother.
If you're over 6', get the forward controls. What feels comfortable in the showroom can get real old in an hour.

Ponytail

itsbob said:
Engine, but in the end, both. Bigger frame for a bigger engine..

1200 Sportster Custom

The 883 and 1200 are the same frame. Only the engine is different.

Compare models. Compare the 883 Custom, with the 1200 Custom, and the Dyna Super Glide Custom (A sportster on Steroids). And compare specs.