Which is betteR?

• NuvaRing

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • IUD

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
So I have looked up things on here and WebMD.

Which is better
NuvaRing or an IUD.

And for those of you with IUD's any side effects? Weight gain, headaches mood swings?

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
mv_princess said:

Which is better
NuvaRing or an IUD.

And for those of you with IUD's any side effects? Weight gain, headaches mood swings?

I have a friend with the NuvaRing and she loves it. She hasn't had any weight gain from it either.

IUD- :shrug:

ashliekay711

an IUD is to permanent, usually you have to agree to it for 4-7 years... meaning they last that long and most doctors won't take them out until the time has been up, so say something happens in the nest 7 years... you meet a great guy and decide you two want to get married and have kids... now i can't speak from personal experience, but i have known people that have had IUD's and some peoples have actuallly FALLEN out... nuva ring, you put it in and take it out your self when you want to have kids you can take it out... and if by chance it does fall out, you your slef can stick it back in instead of going to a doctor to have it put back in.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
ashliekay711 said:
an IUD is to permanent, usually you have to agree to it for 4-7 years... meaning they last that long and most doctors won't take them out until the time has been up, so say something happens in the nest 7 years... you meet a great guy and decide you two want to get married and have kids... now i can't speak from personal experience, but i have known people that have had IUD's and some peoples have actuallly FALLEN out... nuva ring, you put it in and take it out your self when you want to have kids you can take it out... and if by chance it does fall out, you your slef can stick it back in instead of going to a doctor to have it put back in.
Hmm Interesting point.

I am on nuvaring now. I do like it. But since I am still young (23) I figured something a little more stable might work. And a few less chances of it falling out. Now if the IUD's are put in by doctors how in the world do they fall out?

jenbengen

Watch it
mv_princess said:

Which is better
NuvaRing or an IUD.

A friend of mine is on the IUD. She has issues with heavy bleeding. I nixed that option after the doc said it does this, as well. No thanks!

:lalala: I'm sure the men LOVE this conversation. :razz:

ashliekay711

mv_princess said:
Now if the IUD's are put in by doctors how in the world do they fall out?

well you figure if they're in there for 7 years i'm sure the move around a little the might have just wiggled free LOL, i'm really not sure about how they fell out, but i have heard that they can

Nanny Pam

ashliekay711 said:
an IUD is to permanent, usually you have to agree to it for 4-7 years... meaning they last that long and most doctors won't take them out until the time has been up, so say something happens in the nest 7 years... you meet a great guy and decide you two want to get married and have kids... now i can't speak from personal experience, but i have known people that have had IUD's and some peoples have actuallly FALLEN out... :liar:nuva ring, you put it in and take it out your self when you want to have kids you can take it out... and if by chance it does fall out, you your slef can stick it back in instead of going to a doctor to have it put back in.

I had an IUD and loved it. No worries, no problems, and no interruptions during sex.
I know someone who had one in for a few months and had it taken out.
I can't imagine how it would "fall out"

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
jenbengen said:
A friend of mine is on the IUD. She has issues with heavy bleeding. I nixed that option after the doc said it does this, as well. No thanks!

:lalala: I'm sure the men LOVE this conversation. :razz:
They might. But hey it's either talk about B/C or talk about babies. Chances are they want to talk about B/C

hm I am going to the doctors next month to ask about IUDs. But I just wanted to see if anyone had any serious issues with them. Or horrible side effects like with the Patch.

jenbengen

Watch it
ashliekay711 said:
well you figure if they're in there for 7 years i'm sure the move around a little the might have just wiggled free LOL, i'm really not sure about how they fell out, but i have heard that they can

The IUD is taken out by a doctor. I believe there is a tiny little string on the that they use to take it out.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Nanny Pam said:
I had an IUD and loved it. No worries, no problems, and no interruptions during sex.
I know someone who had one in for a few months and had it taken out.
I can't imagine how it would "fall out"
No side effects with your IUD?

And how is it put in, is it like a regular gyn appt.? Or something much different, I read that you should have someone go with you so they can drive you home

dawn25

ashliekay711 said:
Not sure where this information is coming from. I had an IUD inserted a little over a year ago and when I just went for my yearly the doctor made sure to tell me that if I was planning on having children that I needed to let her know so we could take it out and begin the process. I was told that you could have it taken out whenever you felt the time was right. My doctor is not making me keep mine in for the full 5 years if I don't want it in.