Cake Ideas

GeezLouise

tired and content....
Anyone know of any good websites that have recipes and how-to's for cakes? My little one is very into sports and I want to try to be creative and make his birthday cake next month for his party. I really didn't get much when I googled it. Know of any sites or ideas? :shrug:

GeezLouise said:
Anyone know of any good websites that have recipes and how-to's for cakes? My little one is very into sports and I want to try to be creative and make his birthday cake next month for his party. I really didn't get much when I googled it. Know of any sites or ideas? :shrug:
Any sport in particular?

Midnightrider

GeezLouise said:
I loved the rocket cake my mom made me when i was a kid. Just a 13x9 with the corners cut off the top and put on the bottom to make the fins.....

GeezLouise

tired and content....
kwillia said:
Any sport in particular?

No, he loves them all. :lol: He'll only be two, so his attention span is not very long. He plays with his football for a few minutes, goes to his soccer ball, then his baseball stuff, etc.

I saw on this website they had baseball cupcakes (white icing, with just red stripes, looked easy enough). Maybe I could do different sport cupcakes and then have a regular big cake, like a football or something. My mind wanders, no wonder my son is like he is. :lol:

carolinagirl

What's it 2 U
How about making small individual cakes by baking a regular 9X13 and then using large cookie cutters in the shape of footballs and circles for baseballs, basketballs and soccerballs. You may need to bake a few to get enough shapes. Then line a piece of cardboard with aluminum foil, put green icing and coconut down for artifical turf and put the individual cakes on that. You could also make one large cake to sit in the middle.