Palm T/X

J

juggy4805

Does anyone own a Palm T/X? If so, How do you like it?

This_person

juggy4805 said:
Does anyone own a Palm T/X? If so, How do you like it?

I have one and love it. But it really depends on what you want to use a PDA for. I use mine for the calendar and phone book functions, I keep pictures of my family, use it as an MP3 player, and use the Word/Excel/Power Point functions for work. I also download comics and news and such when I sync it each day. It does very well.

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
Ive got the palm from Verizon with Windows. I also have a pocket pc which I never used because of it not having a phone.

J

juggy4805

This_person said:
I have one and love it. But it really depends on what you want to use a PDA for. I use mine for the calendar and phone book functions, I keep pictures of my family, use it as an MP3 player, and use the Word/Excel/Power Point functions for work. I also download comics and news and such when I sync it each day. It does very well.

I just bought one 4 days ago. The greatest thing ever. Makes me happy I never bought an Ipod.

lamx

I've had mine for about two weeks and haven't used it enough to give a proper evaluation. I have connected to wi-fi at Panera and Chick-Fil-A and checked e-mail, it seems slow but, again, I haven't played with it enough to really judge.

I was frustrated this week because I was trying to load a street map for future travel. First, I found a pdf map but the Adobe Reader software doesn't come loaded in the palm, I had to load from the CD. After I got Adobe loaded, I could load the map but could not zoom beyond full screen. Can't read street names when you have a whole city map in a 2"x2" space! Last night I found and loaded a bitmap map and it works better than the pdf file, at least I can zoom in close enough to read street names.

Yesterday, I attempted to load an mp3 onto my extension card. I tried three times, but it never loaded. That will be this weekend's project. I really didn't expect to have to work this hard to get my pda set up the way I want it.

By the way, I don't know if the sale is still going on, but I bought a 2 gb SanDisk SD card at Staples for $24.99. I thought that was a pretty good price.

Ed

J

juggy4805

lamx said:
I've had mine for about two weeks and haven't used it enough to give a proper evaluation. I have connected to wi-fi at Panera and Chick-Fil-A and checked e-mail, it seems slow but, again, I haven't played with it enough to really judge.

I was frustrated this week because I was trying to load a street map for future travel. First, I found a pdf map but the Adobe Reader software doesn't come loaded in the palm, I had to load from the CD. After I got Adobe loaded, I could load the map but could not zoom beyond full screen. Can't read street names when you have a whole city map in a 2"x2" space! Last night I found and loaded a bitmap map and it works better than the pdf file, at least I can zoom in close enough to read street names.

Yesterday, I attempted to load an mp3 onto my extension card. I tried three times, but it never loaded. That will be this weekend's project. I really didn't expect to have to work this hard to get my pda set up the way I want it.

By the way, I don't know if the sale is still going on, but I bought a 2 gb SanDisk SD card at Staples for $24.99. I thought that was a pretty good price.

Ed

Yeah, I bought a 2Gb disk from new egg. It wouldn't let me transfer more than 100 songs to it through WMP. The internet on it is a little slow but it is a handheld that shows most pages in full glory. If your PC has a SD reader I suggest using the sync feature in windoes media player. Yeah I agree the PDF reader is the greatest thing in the world but the Documents to go software is great. Being able to view power point files is awesome.

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
Toxick said:
Are you trying to get rid of it?

Actually yes I am LOL.. Its an ASUS MyPal 620 Blue Tooth edition. It does not have wifi you would have to get the compact flash card add on.

Toxick

Splat
FastCarsSpeed said:
Actually yes I am LOL.. Its an ASUS MyPal 620 Blue Tooth edition.

Ouch - that's a $300 toy. That's a little out of my league. How much are you willing to let it go for?

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
Toxick said:
Ouch - that's a $300 toy. That's a little out of my league. How much are you willing to let it go for?

Like 175.00 I barely used it. It was mostly used for GPS in the car as I have the Navman wireless GPS system for it that is now hooked up to my new Palm Phone LOL.

Toxick

Splat
FastCarsSpeed said:
Like 175.00 I barely used it. It was mostly used for GPS in the car as I have the Navman wireless GPS system for it that is now hooked up to my new Palm Phone LOL.

Yeah... it's going to be a while before I can spare 175.00 for a gadget.

:bawl:

This_person

lamx said:

Ed
That's what I was meaning about how you use it. I don't personally use the internet on it, in major part because of the size. Why surf on a tiny screen? Once you get the MP3 bit down, it's really not hard at all; but I agree, it took a bit to get to learn how to do it. I've looked at the maps, and prefer getting the map on line, and then saving the image/directions onto the T/X and using that. It's all in what you want it for.