Wildewood children

AEDGT

For all you parents that let you kids run free in wildewood all day, you REALLY need to teach your kids to stay out of the middle of the road and learn to look both ways when they are crossing the street. i cant tell you how many times i have seen kids run out in the middle of the streets here and almost get crushed by a car. Most of the time the parents are no where to be found as well. Its gotten to the point where i almost hate living here because of these little brats running around all day. If they arnt running wild then they are screaming at the top of their lungs. If i did the stuff these kids do now when i was i kid, my parents would have done something about it... maybe you parents should try it.

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
AEDGT said:
For all you parents that let you kids run free in wildewood all day, you REALLY need to teach your kids to stay out of the middle of the road and learn to look both ways when they are crossing the street. i cant tell you how many times i have seen kids run out in the middle of the streets here and almost get crushed by a car. Most of the time the parents are no where to be found as well. Its gotten to the point where i almost hate living here because of these little brats running around all day. If they arnt running wild then they are screaming at the top of their lungs. If i did the stuff these kids do now when i was i kid, my parents would have done something about it... maybe you parents should try it.
AEDGT said:
Wow, people in the county really do complain about EVERYTHING. You all have gone on for 9 pages so far complaining about how loud certain people listen to their music. PATHETIC

i say listen to your music the way that makes you happy, if others dont like it O WELL
:jameo: :jameo: :jameo:

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
AEDGT said:

Sounds like Wildewood hasn't changed much in the last 25 years or so. We used to have neighborhood football games in the middle of the street all the time.:shrug:

I think some people just like to biatch.:lmao:

princess73

just one of those days...
Are kids not allowed to go outside and play all day anymore? I couldn't imagine growing up like a hermit. Stuck indoors all of the time or spending 16 hours a day playing video games. If drivers paid more attention to the kids then stuff like that probably wouldn't happen. Just figure when it is nice outside that the kids will be out playing. No wonder kids are so big these days. They aren't allowed to do anything to get excercise.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I can see both sides of this. Kids will be kids and if they are out playing then good on them. It's like P73 said why should they be stuck inside for 16 hrs a day playing video games? But there are other places to play other than the street. How many open areas are there in Wildewood BTW? Is it just the park on the Parkway still?

Conversely, given the amount of people living in Wildewood and the resulting traffic, kids really shouldn't be playing in the through streets. Cul-de-sacs are a different story. BUT DRIVERS NEED TO REMEMBER THIS: You are still driving through a neighborhood and kids are part of that neighborhood.

fredsaid2

If drivers would obey the speed limits, 30 on the parkway and 25 on the neighborhood streets, safety would be less of an issue. Kids running around playing is part of living in a neighborhood. Slow down, chill out and enjoy a great place to live!

J

juggy4805

AEDGT said:

Thats the ghetto so I'm not surprised.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
AEDGT, write your Congressman. Then you can get them to propose a ban on children. Why should people who choose to remain childless have to see, hear and smell OPC?

:coffee:

da6bearz

I agree on both counts. If parents are going to let there children play near the road they need to teach them road manners and to pay attention around them. Kids shouldn't have to stay inside all day long either. But I know that everyone does not drive 30 on the Parkway and 25 on the other streets. That should come first and they should crack down on that.

vraiblonde said:
AEDGT, write your Congressman. Then you can get them to propose a ban on children. Why should people who choose to remain childless have to see, hear and smell OPC?

:coffee:

:lmao:

SoMDGirl42

AEDGT said:
I don't think this is just a Wildewood problem. I've seen this in every neighborhood where you stuff a hundred houses on a 100 acres. My only suggestion is, if you don't like it move to a retirement community where children aren't allowed, or buy a farm and have cows as your neighbor.

But, I will agree with you that parents need to teach their children to look both ways and at least attempt to move out of the way of cars passing. It bugs me too when they refuse to move, and I know if I run one of them over, it'll be my fault even if I was going under the speed limit. (and no, I no longer live in Wildewood)

leslie3977

AEDGT said:

Must've been my hoodlums. I caught them in the middle of the road the other day hitchhiking to the community pool. Can you even believe that? Like the pool is going to be open this time of the year. :buttkick:

AEDGT

For all you parents that got on here an got smart about what i said about the kids in the road... you must be the ones that walk in groups down the middle of the road or ride your bikes in the middle of the road, arnt you? you know they invented sidewalks and bike lanes for a reason. USE THEM! i would think adults would know better... i guess not.