Well I broke down...

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I got on the scale and almost hit a big scarry number so I am on a diet..But I love to eat and eat alot out just because. I have to feed mom high calerie high fat food to keep her weight on so I have to cook different for me. I have been on the diet 2 weeks and have lost almost 10 lbs..I know this is too fast but I am NOT starving myself. lots of salads, fresh steamed veggies and broiled chicken. (NO butter or mayo) I have not moved to 100% whole wheat bread but will...

This am I had 1 eng muffin (nothing on it)
1/2 avacado (easter bunny brought and cant let go to waste. but I had to put a 1/2 teasp mayo on it as I cant eat it without..so this am I figure

120 caleries for the E muffin 1 G fat...85 for the avacado and 6 gr fat and 45 for the mayo with 5 gr fat...

Do you have any other ideas for bulky foods that taste good..or a way to spice up that dry baked potato or veggies with out butter?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Pasofever said:
IDo you have any other ideas for bulky foods that taste good..or a way to spice up that dry baked potato or veggies with out butter?
SALSA
Don't drink ANY sodas

Pasofever said:
Do you have any other ideas for bulky foods that taste good..or a way to spice up that dry baked potato or veggies with out butter?
Mrs. Dash is your friend! I LOVE the original blend on baked potatoes. You can use the spray on 0 calorie "butter" and then sprinkle the Mrs. Dash for a yummy potatoe. They may a variety of flavors. Mrs. Dash Southwestern is awesome on everything I've put it on as well. :yay:

If you want a high fiber, low cal snack food... get an air popped popcorn maker from Target. Spray the zero calorie "butter" on it as it comes out... then you can hit it with old bay for seasoning.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
aps45819 said:
SALSA
Don't drink ANY sodas

I never was a soda person but I drank sweetened tea...very sweet tea like 1C or so of sugar for 1/2 gallon...so I am now using sweet and Low and one diet soda a day..

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
DoWhat said:
Are you going to share the scarry number?

:rolleyes: Sure I hit 190 dressed which was too close to 200 for me...I was 178 this am scantly dressed...make ya happy now?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
kwillia said:
Mrs. Dash is your friend! I LOVE the original blend on baked potatoes. You can use the spray on 0 calorie "butter" and then sprinkle the Mrs. Dash for a yummy potatoe. They may a variety of flavors. Mrs. Dash Southwestern is awesome on everything I've put it on as well. :yay:

If you want a high fiber, low cal snack food... get an air popped popcorn maker from Target. Spray the zero calorie "butter" on it as it comes out... then you can hit it with old bay for seasoning.

Thanks I will get some and try it..

I just gave away an air popper that I did not use..wonder if I can get it back? :ohwell: I do love popcorn.

Roughidle

aps45819 said:
SALSA
Don't drink ANY sodas
:yeahthat:
...and drink more water. Most people don't have to drastically change their diet much if they just increase their activity/exercise level. Burn more calories than you eat and the weight will come off. :coffee:

rdkarob

Pasofever said:
I got on the scale and almost hit a big scarry number so I am on a diet..But I love to eat and eat alot out just because. I have to feed mom high calerie high fat food to keep her weight on so I have to cook different for me. I have been on the diet 2 weeks and have lost almost 10 lbs..I know this is too fast but I am NOT starving myself. lots of salads, fresh steamed veggies and broiled chicken. (NO butter or mayo) I have not moved to 100% whole wheat bread but will...

1/2 avacado (easter bunny brought and cant let go to waste. but I had to put a 1/2 teasp mayo on it as I cant eat it without..so this am I figure

120 caleries for the E muffin 1 G fat...85 for the avacado and 6 gr fat and 45 for the mayo with 5 gr fat...

Sounds like the ATkins diet to me? Is that what you are doing? Me and wife thinking about it. Quit smoking about a month ago and we have put on the pounds even though I go to gym 4 x a week.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
rdkarob said:
Sounds like the ATkins diet to me? Is that what you are doing? Me and wife thinking about it. Quit smoking about a month ago and we have put on the pounds even though I go to gym 4 x a week.

I dont follow anything other then my own common since...lower caleries and fat..I am sure there are better ways but this is all I know about..what little I know..I am open to other ideas...I do feel better eatting like this then when I eat alot of fatty sugary foods...

Helpful article...:yay:

Starving yourself after dusk can backfire by sending you desperately scrounging for snacks at midnight.

Late-night snacking should be avoided entirely — it's perhaps the worst culprit when it comes to weight gain. Most of nighttime snacking is simply overeating — eating not out of hunger, but more out of boredom, comfort and habit. And this type of eating can put you at risk for bingeing. A recent report found that binge eating — eating a pint of ice cream and cookies after a full dinner, for example — is the most common eating disorder in the U.S.

Beyond that, eating high fat or sugary foods can also lead to a night-eating hangover, which is similar to a hangover caused by alcohol, but leaves you feeling foggy-brained and moody.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Lots of healthy recipes here.

This one looks good!

TURKEY BURGER

Makes 4 servings

INGREDIENTS
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1/3 cup cheddar cheese, diced
12 oz lean ground turkey
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
2/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2/3 cup salsa (plus more for topping)
1 tbsp canola oil
1 cup green-leaf lettuce (about 4 large leaves)
4 English muffins, split and toasted

PREPARATIONS
In a large bowl, combine egg white, cheese, turkey, salt, kidney beans, breadcrumbs, onion, cilantro, and salsa and mix thoroughly. Divide the mixture and form into 4 patties. Tuck any pieces of cheese into the burgers with your fingertip to prevent scorching. Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add burgers and cook 6 to 7 minutes per side or until cooked through. Serve on English muffins, accompanied by lettuce and extra salsa (to use as a topping).

Toxick

Splat
Pasofever said:
I have been on the diet 2 weeks and have lost almost 10 lbs..I know this is too fast but I am NOT starving myself.

Actually, it's not too bad, Usually when you start on a diet, the weight FLIES off of you for the first several weeks. Just keep going like you're going, and you will notice that in a couple weeks it'll level out to about 2 pounds a week, which is a nice healthy weight loss rate.

Pasofever said:

Spray butter/margarine is 0 calories and 0 fat. Also salt and pepper are good tater enhancements. If you want to try something different, I would suggest trying "Garlic Pepper". It's awesome on potatoes, brocolli, in salads.. I use it all the time.

For salads, they also have spray-dressing. I think that's a calorie freebie as well.

Good luck to you.

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
Pasofever said:

Best thing ever is to try not to eat after 8:00 PM, plus lots of water.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
checkingthenews said:
Best thing ever is to try not to eat after 8:00 PM, plus lots of water.

Thanks lots of times we do dinner on the grill later then that...I will try to make my biggest meal during the day..and I dont get up at night to eat either..

Toxick

Splat
Toxick said:
Actually, it's not too bad, Usually when you start on a diet, the weight FLIES off of you for the first several weeks. Just keep going like you're going, and you will notice that in a couple weeks it'll level out to about 2 pounds a week, which is a nice healthy weight loss rate.

Spray butter/margarine is 0 calories and 0 fat. Also salt and pepper are good tater enhancements. If you want to try something different, I would suggest trying "Garlic Pepper". It's awesome on potatoes, brocolli, in salads.. I use it all the time.

For salads, they also have spray-dressing. I think that's a calorie freebie as well.

Good luck to you.

Did I say something offensive in this post?