toddler bed

terbear1225

piglet is getting to the point where we are expecting her to climb out of her crib any day now. any thoughts on toddler beds? are they worth the time/money or should we go straight to a twin bed?

Toxick

Splat
terbear1225 said:
piglet is getting to the point where we are expecting her to climb out of her crib any day now. any thoughts on toddler beds? are they worth the time/money or should we go straight to a twin bed?

We got toddler beds for each of mine.

Looking back, I'd say go straight to a twin bed and save yourself a couple bucks.

terbear1225 said:
I definitely vote "straight to a twin bed". :yay:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I'd toss a twin top mattress on the floor and skip the box spring and bed frame. If bebe falls out of bed, bebe doesn't have far to fall.

jenbengen

Watch it
Toxick said:
We got toddler beds for each of mine.

Looking back, I'd say go straight to a twin bed and save yourself a couple bucks.

I think they are a waste of time and money. We took the advice of a friend and did the matress on the floor until they were ready for it to be on a boxspring with the second child. Wasted money on the toddler bed with the first child. Plus, my kids flop around a lot and those toddler beds are SO tiny. My youngest would wake up from banging into the rails all night. lol

mamissa3

the only reason why we did toddler beds because we had gotten a crib that changed by mistake. The store had given us the wrong one when we bought it and we didnt realize it untin it was already up. We had another crib that didnt change but we got the part to change it. If i didnt have those beds i would say go to a twin bed.

Cowgirl

BadGirl said:
I'd toss a twin top mattress on the floor and skip the box spring and bed frame. If bebe falls out of bed, bebe doesn't have far to fall.

Good idea...but they also sell rails to keep them from falling out.

I just thought of another benefit to the mattress on the floor....no monsters under the bed! :yay:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Cowgirl said:
Good idea...but they also sell rails to keep them from falling out.

I just thought of another benefit to the mattress on the floor....no monsters under the bed! :yay:
I was just thinking for an economical point of view - one less thing for me to buy. :nomoney:

sccrmommy

I made the mistake of buying a toddler bed. The concept of it entertained her for maybe a whole 4 hours but after that she was done with it. I upgraded to a twin size bed and put a children's tent on top of it to make it fun and she slept in that with no problems......AND you could always zip the tent up to keep her in, LOL! :whistle:

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
I have a twin daybed you can have. Our boy moved from his crib to it but now he needed a "boys" bed. PM me for details. Frame, mattress, footboard, and back rail. They are stained pine that isn't hurt but it would look good painted, too. It's called a sleigh bed because of the arched headboard and footboard. Come to think of it, the girl used it till she got a waterbed.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Straight to a twin... if you are worried about her falling out either use a side guard ($2 at any yard sale) or put the twin mattress on the floor until you are more confident.

Never saw the point in a toddler bed. If you buy a twin, they can keep it until they move out of the house...heck, they can take it with them... they are a lot less likely to cohabitat if all they have is a twin.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Dymphna said:
Straight to a twin... if you are worried about her falling out either use a side guard ($2 at any yard sale) or put the twin mattress on the floor until you are more confident.

Never saw the point in a toddler bed. If you buy a twin, they can keep it until they move out of the house...heck, they can take it with them... they are a lot less likely to cohabitat if all they have is a twin.
That is exactly what I did. :yay:

terbear1225

based on the advice here and elsewhere, we're going to skip the toddler bed (assuming granny doesn't buy one) and go straight to the twin. thanks gumby!