Puppymill Suspected

pupseeker

I was checking the Southern Maryland classifieds and stumbled upon an ad saying something like, me and my friends have lots of puppies for sale, from various breeds. The breeds listed were Min Pins, Yorkies, Shelties, Pugs, and several others, all very popular small breeds, and typical puppymill breeds. The prices began at $350 and went up quickly. I suspect this person is running a puppymill. I have seen an ad very similar to this one previously, and was a little bothered by it, but thought it could just be a very busy breeder out to make a profit, not necessarily a puppymill person. Now I believe it is, and of course, the old ad has been deleted. Check it out and let me know what you think. Is this legal? I mean, are puppymills legal? Is there anyone an investigation could be launched? I am thinking about going to this person's place and acting like I am interested in purchasing a puppy, just so I can see the situation, but if they are a puppymill it is highly unlikely the cages are in sight or earshot of the home where the puppies are shown. Plus I would want to "rescue" every animal there, break my bank, and reinforce this person for running a puppymill, if indeed they are. Also, I saw an ad asking for any kind of small dog, Min Pin, Yorkie, etc. It is under a different e-mail account, but I believe it is either the same person or a partner working in tandem with the first person. I suspect this second ad is really saying we will pay you for your unwanted purebred small popular dog to be our baby-making machine. Please take a look and give me your opinion of what is going on? Can a puppymiller be kicked off this site? For those of you who do not know, a puppymill is a business. Cages are stacked in rows one on top of the other. There is a wire cage so that the urine and feces fall out of the cage, and they end up falling onto the dog below them until they make their way to the ground. Small popular breeds are chosen because they can be crammed in a cage and uninformed people will pay top dollar for them. Many of the puppies have problems because they have never been socialized, cannot be housebroken because they have been raised to 'eliminate' in their living space, are parasite infected and unhealthy. The parents are even more devasted and many rescued Puppymill Producers are never normal or healthy again. Please thoroughly investigate the place you plan on buying a dog from. Check references, check vet records, call previus buyers, call the vet to make sure Dr. So and So exists, search the property, demand to see at least the mother, get a contract requiring a healthy vet check before purchase is complete and you personally take that pup to the vet, do not let breeder "Take care of everything." and then hand you a bogus vet certificate of health. Check, check, check everything so you do not fuel this horrible "business" of inhumanity and cruelty. Also, do not buy from petshops because no matter what they say or how nice the salesperson is, those dogs come from puppymills. Period. Thank you for taking the time to consider this and caring for the four-legged innocents.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
If anyone has proof of someone who runs a "puppy mill" and advertises in the classifieds, please forward it to us. If founded, we will ban that user. Since this is obviously a serious allegation, we would require serious proof such as a police report or a bonafide report from an organization like the SPCA.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
First Class Act

In regards to the advertisement noted in the first post of this thread, we had to remove the ad because it did violate our policy whereby multiple advertisers can't share one ad in order to circumvent fees. When we politely advised this person that we had refunded her $ and removed her ad, this is the verbatim response that we just received (expletives censored):

"THAT IS BULL S###, my colluges don't list ads since I sell all the dogs... and thousands of dollars well I can tell you don't breed dogs you f###ing moron it cost thousands to for up keep,shots for pups,tails docked,dewclaws removed,wormings vet visits every two weeks (over 100 each pup) f### your online s##t f### you"

You can draw your own conclusions about this person's character.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
I wonder what kind of response you would have received if you didn't refund the money?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Re: No Class Act

You can draw your own conclusions about this person's character.
Bad spelling/punctuation + potty mouth = enraged moron :loser: