Combination/Convertible Carseat

The little will be 4 months old and is weighing in at 17lbs. His carseat carrier only goes up until 22lbs so I'm looking for any recommendations for carseats that can go from rear-facing, to foward facing, then to a booster seat.

TIA!

bohman

We have been very happy with our Britax. Turned it from rear- to front-facing a few months ago.

I don't believe there are any that do all 3. Either front/rear or front then booster or just a booster.
I'd highly suggest skipping on the converts to a booster part and when they are old enough for a booster get the butt only booster with the built in cup holders that fold into the side of the seat. The cup holders make GREAT toy holders. These seats do not take up as much seat space, and are easier to get into than boosters w/ sides on them and allows the kid to buckle themself in.

barncat

bohman said:
We have been very happy with our Britax. Turned it from rear- to front-facing a few months ago.

Samething we bought when she started approaching 20 pounds. I've been very happy with the seat.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
huntr1 said:
I don't believe there are any that do all 3. Either front/rear or front then booster or just a booster.
I'd highly suggest skipping on the converts to a booster part and when they are old enough for a booster get the butt only booster with the built in cup holders that fold into the side of the seat. The cup holders make GREAT toy holders. These seats do not take up as much seat space, and are easier to get into than boosters w/ sides on them and allows the kid to buckle themself in.
He's 4 MONTHS old, dear. They shouldn't be in a booster only until they are 4 YEARS. big difference